Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Trust, again.

This topic is the opening topic today first of all because of a sense of loyalty. Last night, half asleep and doing devo, I was reminded about this obedience thing. It is something that you cannot meditate on enough, because well, the temptation to disobey presents itself at every turn, so reminding yourself why you do it every now and again is never extra.
The reason I’m talking about today is trust. Really simple, actually…if you trust that God knows what He’s doing and that He has a plan which is in your best interests, then it only makes sense to do what He asks so you don’t continuously spoil His plans for you. It’s like…He’s the commander, He has worked out a game plan, before Him, it is all written and He sees clearly the whole picture, He sees how this one action is connected to this other action and how all these work in a system to achieve what it is that is to be achieved at any stage and place in your life.

So trust God, and with that trust, obey, because He has the best plans for you, and if you work in harmony with that, you’ll get where you need to be much quicker and with less stress. With God, it is all about trust. Faith..like that song goes, everything rides on hope now…the assurance of things not seen. When God asked Noah to build an ark, it probably made no sense. There was no logic which helped Noah along in deciding to build an ark. It was all trust that God knows what He’s doing and when the time comes, he, Noah would understand. It didn’t mean that the thing did not make sense even when Noah did not understand. He did his part of the operation when and how  God asked in trust and faith, so that when the time came, everything was in place…again I will make an analogy with cooking and how you spend time cutting up vegetables and such, and you, as the chef, know how and when you’ll apply them..your assistant might have no clue…but if they obey, trusting that you, as the chef of the thing know what you’re doing..when you ask to pass the chopped onions, there will be chopped onions to be passed….ya dig?
Also, read Ephesians 4: 17-24..be renewed in the spirit of your minds…it starts in renewing your mind…don’t try and stop bad habits before you bring your mind in order. Put off old deceitful lusts…but more about that next week…I hope :P
I am thankful for life
I am thankful for God
I am thankful for love
I am thankful that I’m here writing this…it’s all God’s doing
I am thankful for God’s faithfulness
I am thankful for my family
I am thankful for my friends and for good conversation
I am thankful for the people with whom God crosses my path
I am thankful for growth
I am thankful for learning
I am thankful for lessons learned
I am thankful for experience
I am thankful for everything that happens..it shapes me into who I am now and who I am meant to be
I am thankful for understanding
I am thankful for patience
I am thankful for kindness
I am thankful for letting go
I am thankful for food
I am thankful for laughter
I am thankful for genuine feelings
I am thankful for wisdom
I am thankful for care
I am thankful for thoughtfulness
I am thankful for communication
I am thankful for when we connect with other souls…for a while, or a lifetime
I am thankful for my grandparents
I am thankful for books
I am thankful for memories
I am thankful for kismet
I am thankful for me
I am thankful for information
I am thankful for forgiveness
I am thankful for repentance
I am thankful for peace of mind
I am thankful for support
I am thankful for encouragement
I am thankful for words
I am thankful for change
I am thankful that life is so complex and dynamic
I am thankful!!!!

No comments: