Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Because He loved me…

Being a Christian is not about being perfect, it’s not about attaining perfection or “getting it right”. We are human and that’s a status we can never attain, it would be chasing after the wind to even try.

Salvation is about Grace. It’s about Him saying, it’s okay, I forgive you, I understand, and through my Son your sins have not only been wiped away, but are continuously cleared away. His love is everything. It is all on Him, not by our will or our might, and it is the most humbling and overwhelming thing.

He is faithful when I am lost, He is forgiving when I am wrong, He is patient when I am stubborn…He is God, and His ways are not our ways, and His love surpasses anything that you can imagine. Not height nor depth nor things present or past can separate us from His love…

This grace thing came to my mind specifically this evening while wondering how I would explain my spirituality to an acquaintance who is a raging atheist, abi agnostic these days. I considered how in “logic” he would ask about why I’m not perfect, and question my mistakes, and point out that there were wars and bad things happened to Christians..and the answer that came to mind was simply Grace. It is by Grace that I am, it is by Grace I keep going…His love and His Grace. Not my doing, because I fall short on the daily. That is something mighty to be thankful for.



I am thankful for life, for where there is life, there is hope

I am thankful for God

I am thankful for my relationship with Him

I am thankful for my mom and that I’ve been blessed with her, and that God keeps her and protects her…happy birthday mama!

I am thankful for my family

I am thankful for love

I am thankful for my friends…Babym and Smallie really really made me happy today ^_^…I earned brownie points! Forgive, people!

I am thankful for food and cooking

I am thankful for laughter

I am thankful for understanding

I am thankful for wisdom

I am thankful for growth

I am thankful for God’s extravagant love

I am thankful for my holidays

I am thankful for books

I am thankful for kindness

I am thankful for God’s guidance

I am thankful for His faithfulness

I am thankful for forgiveness

I am thankful for my daily devos

I am thankful for generosity

I am thankful for prayer

I am thankful for patience

I am thankful for the Holy Spirit

I am thankful for His word..

I am thankful!



p.s Psalms 37:4 “take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart”….you do not need to look for anything anywhere else. Ask of the Lord and of the Lord alone. Any other source is a lie..b’lee this!

No comments: