Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Humility


 Today’s post might finally stay true to word and be short. Humility has been the recurrent theme for me for the past week or so…I do need to examine myself probably and see how I’m applying this in my everyday life..i am  on the fence about a few issues and something (pride?) insists I am simply respecting myself, and not being proud…I’m still praying over that..

But I’m on about humility before God. Humble yourself before Him and He will exalt you. He will raise the humble, and it is His breath in us that gives us understanding. If you are proud and willful, then you won’t be able to submit to Him and hear His wisdom and explanation, you’d want Him to conform His answers and Himself to the way you think..and that won’t happen because He can’t deny Himself, and He has wisdom and understanding far beyond what we can ever  imagine…so it makes sense to learn from Him…but to do this, we need to embrace humility…

For such a simple concept, it is a very hard thing to do. I know..i’ve been at that place where I felt the bible was weak in it’s explanations, I have been there where I felt there were no answers for my questions..and it’s all written here..but by His grace, I have brought my questions to Him in prayer, and I know it sounds cliché..but they have been answered, I have been given insight, and God has provided understanding..but first you need to show humility…

That’s today’s challenge…

I am thankful for life

I am thankful for God

I am thankful for Love

I am thankful for grace

I am thankful for growth

I am thankful for family

I am thankful for friends

I am thankful for my grandparents..it hasn’t always been smooth sailing..but in my heart I know and acknowledge that I am blessed to have them, and they love me so and they are truly there for me, even when I act out and am generally quite a handful to be honest..i see that from the side…I am thankful for them…and their patience, and their care..

I am thankful for who I am, where I am, and all that has brought me here

I am thankful for food

I am thankful that GOD sees me through everything! All my anxieties, He soothes, all my worries, He takes away, every challenge, He gets me through. He is my saviour, my father, my friend, my comforter, my protector..and I am totally head over heels in love :P

I am thankful for the relationship I’m blessed to have with God

I am thankful for His faithfulness, because it is not by my might that I am here, and still here in this relationship, typing this, praying, having devotional time…I gave Him my heart and told Him to never let me go, that this time, was THE time, and He should not let go of me no matter what…and He hasn’t abandoned me, forsaken me, or let me go..this, all of this, rides on Him..He gives me the strength each day, and I am thankful.

I am thankful for grace

I am thankful for understanding

I am thankful for the little things

I am thankful for the way He looks out for me

I am thankful for wisdom

I am thankful for my sisters…the quality time is phenomenal…I feel God’s presence every time we’re together

I am thankful for kindness

I am thankful for honesty

I am thankful for patience

I am thankful for rest

I am thankful for laughter

I am thankful that I am so blessed, each day, every breath

I am thankful for peace

I am thankful for joy

I am thankful that He always makes a way

I am thankful that He always has a perfect plan, and that His ways are not our ways

I am thankful for books

I am thankful for inspiration

I am thankful for thought

I am thankful for surprises

I am thankful for care

I am thankful for liberation

I am thankful!!!!!!

*I did see this really spot on Bible verse last night…might add it on later

Ciao!

No comments: