Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thankful Thursday: School of life

Get out your notepads and be ever ready to write down the lessons that God teaches in every situation, and through everything.

It is another side of “giving thanks in every situation”, I’d say, because if you were constantly aware that God uses everything to teach you valuable lessons, it will become easier to go through things, without falling into thinking that woe is you and that misfortune is hounding you. Instead, you’d brighten up and keep your eyes and ears open for the lesson, because it will make you that much stronger and wiser, and will surely come in handy in future, and believe me, you’ll be able to make the connection.

Like I talked about with y friend, D, today, it is not up to us to judge in what form a relationship with someone is valuable to your life. It is not for you to decide that only as a teacher/wife/employee, that a person, or the relationship you have with them will be significant..sometimes, a person needs to hurt you, to bring the value they have to add to your life to the table, someone might need to be a salesman to do so, your doctor, etc…which is why we should value the relationships in our life as they are, and not spend time trying to make them into what we want them to be, so much as allowing them go where they will and be what they will be…dig?

Personally, God has used situations, relationships, people to open my eyes and give me wisdom that I wouldn’t have learned any other way. It is not always that they have done their good deed by being nice to me or sitting me down with advice..a lot of the time, these situations have made me anxious, made me cry and panic and wonder how I was going to get out of it…and God got me through..and I know that now, whenever those sort of things cross my path, I’m not going to lose my cool. People have made me cry, have disappointed me, and with time, God has helped/is helping me let go of any anger I hold on to because I was wronged…because the good that came out of their actions surpasses the bad, so if anything I am learning to be genuinely thankful to them. No sarcasm…

Basically, it’s like this..spend more time being still and taking notes, than trying to always make things happen, because if you’re always swimming, one day you’ll stop and look, and you’ll be in the wrong place…yes, I know there is a whole movement around “go out there and make it happen” and I’m not saying anybody should just sit and allow life happen, I’m saying that it’s important to pay attention and notice the lessons in any situation you find yourself in…God is not a wasteful God. He doesn’t allow things happen just for kicks…God will include the important with the pleasant…multitasking like a pro :D

It’s beautiful that life is a continuous lesson, and that there is no limit to growth. It would be such a shame to miss out..

I am thankful for life

I am thankful for God

I am thankful for the relationship I am blessed to have with Him

I am thankful for lessons learned and the person they’ve made me/are making me

I am thankful for family

I am thankful for friends

I am thankful for God’s perfect plan

I am thankful for understanding

I am thankful for wisdom

I am thankful for joy

I am thankful for music

I am thankful for thoughtfulness

I am thankful for love

I am thankful for prayer

I am thankful for forgiveness

I am thankful for repentance

I am thankful for grace

I am thankful for patience

I am thankful for His faithfulness

I am thankful that I am still here

I am thankful that He hands on saves me from wrong situations

I am thankful for His word

I am thankful for inspiration

I am thankful for freedom

I am thankful for me

I am thankful!

No comments: