Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Forgiveness.

Unlike the post i think i've done before, this time, i men forgiveness in the context of giving it, and not just the blessing that is receiving it.

...And forgive us our sins as we forgive those, who trespass against us...

Like the first step in AA, the first step here is admitting that you have a problem. Well, it's hard to admit you have a problem when you feel you have none. Like, forgiveness? sure, i'm a fountain of it, give me another challenge. But then slowly, in glimpses here and there, you are forced to ask yourself if there is any unforgiveness you are carrying about.

Now, this is not about denial, this is not about knowing you have unforgiveness and declaring that you don't. It's about us not even being aware of the hurt and anger and righteous indignation we carry about.

There is an element of pride to unforgiveness. We carry this hurt about and it insults our pride to even imagine forgiving, and gasp! forgetting what was done to us. We may be right in our judgement, and the other party was wrong...but even then, we are called to forgiveness...and it's no easy feat.

In some situations, i'm carrying on with my life, honestly believing that i'm over and done, that i've closed a chaper and moved on...and then i begin to notice that whenever that issue comes up, the anger builds..this can only mean that i haven't truly forgiven and let go...but how do you forgive when there are so many questions, so many wrongs that you feel are yet to be righted...

The thing is, that is not your business. We are to forgive. Before even we are asked for this forgiveness. If the person comes up to you later and apologises, cool! appreciated...but we should remain the same even if it doesn't happen...this is the way it is...and i'm being hit with the fact of what a huge challenge it is.

HUGE.

You mean...to...forgive...to let go...to not feel pain and hurt and anger and want apologies and admitting of wrongs...to forgive, to give a blank sheet over and over again, as though nothing wrong had ever happened. To have the patience of a parent with a child, to forgive, like God forgives us, to forgive, like Jesus calls us to. To have Grace, like we are called to...to be fair, to do unto others as God does unto us.

He holds no grudges. You repent, and it's all gone. There is no record sheet. New beginning. God gives us this.God. The One who made it all, and gives it all to us...so then, what right do we have to withold it from others?

Forgiveness. This is what is challenging me at this point. It by no means i'm walking around with a "did me wrong" sheet...on the contrary...just sometimes, we really need to dig deep and address that which we assume is addressed.

I am thankful for Life

I am thankful for God

I am thankful for His ways...which are so far beyond our ways

I am thankful for grace

I am thankful for forgiveness

I am thankful for family

I am thankful for friends

I am thankful for fate

I am thankful for spirituality

I am thankful for laughter

I am thankful for love

I am thankful that God is the ultimate lover of my soul, and everything i need. He is more than i need and He is enough.

I am thankful that God cares for me so intimately

I am thankful for the super interesting day i've had thus far today...

I am thankful for "coincidences". :P all it took was threatening to beat somebody with their bouquet, and i got my very  own ^_^

I am thankful for prayer

I am thankful for religion class

I am thankful for uni

I am thankful for my test classes today

I am thankful for honesty....there is an interesting post there*** need to formulate it...the honesty challenge :P

I am thankful for...souls

I am thankful for people

I am thankful for the people God sends to cross my path...none of them are by mistake

I am thankful for memories

I am thankful for Summer/autumn this year...i got to spend so much time with my family...amazing :D

I am thankful for the time i've been blessed to spend with my awesome mommy this month ^_^

I am thankful for my grandparents

I am thankful that God never lets me lack

I am thankful that He is forever faithful

I am thankful that He is my rock, my strength, my shelter and my protector

I am thankful for His word

I am thankful for understanding

I am thankful for wisdom

I am thankful for intimacy (nobody is talking about sex oh! get your minds out the gutters :P)

I am thankful for peace

I am thankful for GOD

I am thankful for the relationship i have with Him

I am thankful for where He leads me, and where He's leading me

I am thankful for books

I am thankful for insight

I am thankful for inspiration

I am thankful for trust

I am thankful!!!!


No comments: