Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thankful Thursday: He is relentless.

The Lover of my soul, my redeemer, my father, friend, comforter, God is relentless. And my heart is is His.

I know i cannot begin to grasp the intensity of His love. I understand it in snatches, and even then, very sadly, am quick to..not forget, but shift it to the background, not be aware of it as it deserves. If i could grasp how much God loves me, if you could grasp HOW MUCH He loves you, you'll be walking about delirious. It would make your head spin, your heart rate increase, the butterflies in your stomach would go beserk and you would weep for joy.

His love is overwhelming, humbling.

I know this because He not only says this, proclaims this, not only has He proven this in an act that would in a sensible world be considered once and for all, He keeps showing us His love over and over again. His mercies are new every morning, His love is unending. And not just that He loves us and has told us and that should be enough. He demonstrates it in every area of my life.

Especially when i don't deserve it. I doubt there are times when i do deserve it though...to deserve it would mean to earn it...and i know that the amount of times i fall short will cancel that merit out a million times over. I'm not trying to sound oh woe-is-me sinner...not at all. He has redeemed me, and i'm not flinging myself at His feet in any fatalistic sense of it. If i do so, it is only out of awe and thankfulness that compels me to do nothing but that.

I know i mess up. I know that i fall. I fall when i have no objective reason to. I fall when i know better. I disobey, not because i don't hear the Holy spirit, i disobey when i hear him loud and clear. I put my "interests" which i know are futile, before obedience. I am not perfect. He provides me with all the help i need, and still i mess up. I am not about to clamber up on a pedestal and pretend like i have it together.

But then He gives me Grace. He forgives me. He forgives me when it seems like i already know not to make those mistakes. He forgives me and sets me right. He forgives me and puts me on the right path. He carries on like nothing happened. Even the consequences i bring upon myself, He gets me through. That's a love i'm not sure i can grasp entirely...i start..and it overwhelms me.

He leads me, He guides me, He speaks to me...especially when i'm all out humanly undeserving....His ways are not are ways.

I am thankful for this song playing on Jango - How He Loves by David Crowder band

I am thankful for Life

I am thankful for this book He has lead me to about religion...It's not a coincidence how the questions that have been on my mind are being answered in the most acute way...ask me what sent me to ask for it in the library, i dunno at all :P

I am thankful for God

I am thankful for His word

I am thankful for wisdom

I am thankful for the thirst for wisdom

I am thankful that He satisfies this thirst

I am thankful for His love

I am thankful for His patience

I am thankful for Grace

I am thankful for praise music

I am thankful that He blesses my Uni experience mahn...it is not by my might...because being honest, i could work harder...

I am thankful for the story of Jonah. I've said this before, but i'll say it again. It is a story that reassures me. It is a story that comforts me, that reminds me that God will not deem you useless and throw you away. He will fulfill His will for you. Especially if you are called. When you are called, you cannot ask that cup to pass. You can hibernate, you can run away, you can hide, but He is patient, and He will find you, and He will remove the rock you are hiding under and equip you for the purpose He has anointed you. I broke down over this revelation when i read Isaiah 62:10...one would think it's a verse i've read a hundred times....But that is the beauty of God's communication, isn't it? You cannot run away. You cannot pretend you don't understand what He has asked of you. You have an obligation. It is an honour.

I am thankful for my family

I am thankful for my friends. I am thoroughly blessed to have them in my life.

I am thankful for God's care

I am thankful that God...is Love...i know it sounds redundant given that i have been thankful for His love...but this is different. He IS Love...

I am thankful for inspiration

I am thankful for soul

I am thankful for the mysteries of life and death

I am thankful for the world

I am thankful for...the desire for God...the pull, the thirst which He satisfies

I am thankful for communication

I am thankful for understanding

I am thankful for obedience

I am thankful for forgiveness

I am thankful for relationships

I am thankful for happiness

I am thankful for new...friendships? acquaintances? i love meeting people in unusual ways...and God keeps indulging me :P

I am thankful for support

I am thankful for reflection

I am thankful for prayer

I am thankful for that which we cannot see

I am thankful for good

I am thankful for kindness

I am thankful for His Will

I am thankful for His plan for my life

I am thankful for everything that has brought me here

I am thankful for books

I am thankful for...being able to see the picture of my life, the connection between events, choices..it's pretty cool to look at that from the side

I am thankful for growth..

I am thankful!

No comments: