Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thankful Thursday: He doesn't leave you empty...

At the start of the week i had two distinct ideas of the theme for today's post..i think...but they seem to have flown clean out of my head. Now, i kinda know what one was, but i can't remember what direction i was to head with that theme...

Bearing this in mind, i'll just write it as it is now and we'll see where itl goes.

This is kinda personal to me, and it was the thought that followed the initial idea to write a post on this topic. I know it's not a big deal, and is a very matter of fact thing, but for me, sharing things personal to me feel like i'm cutting off pieces and leaving the place raw for all to see...so i'm all reserved like that.

Anyway, what it is is this. It is very important to stop and take stock of things every now and again. Not just any random things..d'uh, but concerning God and how living in the way He says to live has affected your life, is affecting your life and such forth.

Just going about your life, it is easy to get caught up and not notice the changes, the progress or just the connections between then and now...

LOL i just spent three minutes staring at the screen and realising that i might not be able to write my own testimony in detail because..well, it's personal, and i've come to learn to cherish my privacy to keep my bizzness between the people involved in the bizzness..and not because there's anything oh-la-la about it..but just because..

I will say this though...at the beginning, it might seem difficult to part with old habits, not even just seem, it may be difficult. You'll look at the likely outcome and conclude that it is madness to give up one way of doing things and take up what God says about it...I am thankful that He led me to a place, and gave me the understanding and strength to choose His way..and yes, i lost people i truly cared, psh, still care about, and yes, i had to watch a lot of people walk away...but you know what? He also gave me the grace, the peace with which i know that it's for the best, i have no arguments or regrets, i see how flawed things were before, and i am thankful that i see that...

And the truth is, i have been blessed with such special people..i won't say in return or as replacement, but blessings that stand in their own right. In accordance with God's word, i don't have to choose between God's way and the way that i'd have to be with these people. So i know this to be true in my own life, that God doesn't want to deprive you of things that make you happy. He wants you to have the right things that make you happy. I used to worry, and panic, and sometimes still do, that if i'm doing what God says, there is no place for it in real life, where doing the opposite is commonplace. Sometimes i still worry and think..yeah, this is all fun and games but somewhere, you're going to have to face "reality" and see that this is impractical...i pray this day never comes, because God has given me no reason to doubt His faithfulness. By His grace i can obey Him, and by this same Grace He hasn't left me hanging but has provided what i feared i would lose in abundance. Pressed down, and running over.

I am thankful for God.

I am thankful for my relationship with Him, which i am blessed to have, and by His faithfulness that keeps it going

I am thankful for family

I am thankful for His faithfulness

I am thankful for Grace

I am thankful for wisdom

I am thankful for forgiveness

I am thankful for inspiration

I am thankful for kindness

I am thankful for my friends

I am thankful for M.K hehe today is her birthday so do say a prayer!

I am thankful for the people who God crosses my path with...it is always magical

I am thankful for His perfect plan

I am thankful for signs

I am thankful for soul

I am thankful for the Holy spirit

I am thankful for growth

I am thankful for laughter

I am thankful for joy

I am thankful for happiness

I am thankful for prayer

I am thankful that God is always there, and the fact that where there is life, there is hope..there is always a reason to keep going...there is no "end" except the end. who are we to decide that it has become hopeless?

I am thankful for love

I am thankful for lessons learned

I am thankful for every experience that i've gone through that have made me who i am right here, right now

I am thankful for correspondence

I am thankful for that beautiful beautiful thing that is one person understanding where another person is coming from

I am thankful for my mother...she is my rock.

I am thankful that i am so blessed

I am thankful for when happiness makes your eyes water

I am thankful for this weather yo!

I am thankful for food

I am thankful for Men's Health...i am a FAN of that magazine..no excuses, no apologies :)

I am thankful for honesty...i am thankful for everyone who has contributed to putting me on the path of bluntness i am on now

I am thankful for memories

I am thankful for the internet

I am thankful for Uni...madhouse!

I am thankful for the little things

I am thankful for this post

I am thankful for the awesome spa day we had yesterday...head still kinda hurts, but hey! was oh so lovely

I am thankful for my godmother! ^_^

I am thankful for ME! God knew me before i was. He created me, put me here and sustains me...He cares,He loves, He protects, He teaches...and i'm Me...and i am thankful!

I am thankful!!!

Have a supadupa lovely week!

No comments: