Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thankful Thursday: vulnerability and honesty and growth...and their synonyms

This is the post that might have been last week's post..but as these things tend to happen in my life, is absolutely perfect as today's post instead.
First time this occoured to me, it was about prayer, but as I've seen, it applies wherever you have a relationship that you'd like to see grow with time; be it with God or your superamazing boyfriend..but I digress.. It is allowed, be vulnerable, be open, be honest with God; He knows everything anyway as it is..so no fears in being totally you, without trying to say what's "right" in your prayer. You need help, you need a solution. You don't go to your doctor and lie about symptoms out of politeness. It defeats the purpose. You know you'll feel fake telling your drinkig buddy you teetotal..how much more where it concerns God that knows it all even where you don't? Be there forming holypass cuz you're praying...#comeoffit and open your heart up, be vulnerable, be scrutinizable(?!) and only through that can you find healing and genuine growth... God will keep your secret if that's the concern. :P

Thing is, judging by me, seeing as I'm the only one who's views I can attempt to honestly communicate, we tend to feel a pressure to conform to certain standards of what is "normal" or "accepted" and I don't even mean in the eyes of society, but in our own. We have ideas of the principles that form who we are, and when we sense ourselves being contrary to that, a certain panic and/or disappointment fills us..at least that's what it looks like from where I was standing. And then you come to where you can't even pray about this/talk about it, because you're too bothered being politically correct and trying to be the person that you've decided you ought to be, attempting all the while to ignore real issues with you..thus avoiding confrontation and in essense..growth and progress..lol too much of the road less travelled..don't even know to what degree I'm making sense..bottom like is this though. If you have a problem, address it without trying to be politically correct. If they care, lol as God does, it would only be a stepping stone that takes you past that problem, and won't be a problem in itself..this is the lesson I'm slowly learning..baby steps...and so in prayer, which is just about the most intimate thing you can do, let yourself go and be honest..lol I've caught myself praying "the right things" with resentment, instead of letting it rip what is eating at me, and THEN praying the right thing with a cleared conscience.. God is not giving awards for best behaved.. He fixes the broken, so we can like to chill and top being "strong" in front of Him..you are only standing in your own way..enhen..so rant over :p lol I totally had two parallel things in mind there..and somehow they are the same thing..

I am thankful for S. I am thankful that he is patient with me, reasurring me so forth when a "stop acting crazy" is due...

I am thankful that God gave us each other... Serendipity

I am thankful for God...and that somehow, without any particular encouragement, He is a big part of my life..nobody has ever forced God on me, and quite matter of factly the attempt makes me run in the opposite direction..

I am thankful for uni..I have little to complain about..

I am thankful for communication, love, trust, care..

I am thankful for love..it humbles me..cuz it isn't something you can buy or earn or bully out of another person..it is something they choose to give you..and that..that is quite something

I am thankful for my family...I dread my mom leaving..hating to be pessimistic, I already have nightmares of where I might sink to when she leaves :(

I am thankful for my friends...

I am thankful for the little things

I am thankful for all the sweethearts that gave me their seats on the bus this week :P high heels toh behd!

I am thankful for nice things people do.. God shud bless Bogdan plenty for giving me his old lecture notes!

I am thankful for the lessons I learn each day. Often from the most unexpected situations. Have times when I go to Notes and stare at notes I've made in bewilderment..cuz sometimes they are pure inspiration..

I am thankful for, and continuously pray for growth..there's nowhere to go but up and ahead and to improvement abi? :D

I am thankful for S...lol one day I might have to cut the crap and just copy and paste that phrase until blogger protests...and even then it would be small..still dunno what where how..buh I guess that's the thing about blessing..you don't earn them; they are given to you with Grace..

I am thankful for jokes..I am a living, breathing innuendo machine :P

I am thankful for prayer..ish will keep you grounded!

I am thankful for wisdom. Plus the one flying about and occasionally penetrating out thick skulls, plus the ones passed in written works through the generations...when you see wisdom..well..you just know, no?

Again I am thankful for the little thngs, the intangible things. It is everywhere that they are the best things..and yet people are still looking to literal things to bring them happiness..I..pity people who suffer from that. When it comes down to it, happiness is a personal decision, unrelated to, or not reliant on external factors, cuz those atre forever changing, leaving, reducing, evolving and so forth. Buddha said life is suffering and that our desires are the cause of our suffering. The bible says to not chase, or give ultimate importance to superficial things..and dear Socrates said there are so many things in this life he doesn't need...I see wisdom in all three...are the things we think we want truly the things that bring us joy? Like love, true happiness is not an emotion, because it is always there..even when you're sad..sadness here being the emotion that comes and goes, where happiness is a state of being..if that makes any sense..

I am thankful for inspiration

I am thankful for God keeping me away from things I don't need..lol..me sef I'm shocked

I am thankful for understanding

I am thankful for the discipline? Love? That is making me write this even if sleep dey catch me and thumbs dey kill me..

I am thankful for gbagaunmopol on twitter.. And D for sending me there..I had a Good laugh. All affiliations, or insinuations concerning twitter end here :P

I am thankful for music :P

I am thankful for the way prayer, a lot of the time will create a calm in the middle of my storms

I am thankful!! Cuz no matter how many things go wrong, make me cry, hurt or frustrate me, the things I have to be thankful about are still more..

I am thankful for nature..plants, air, flowers..WATER!

I am thankful that He has a plan. Now my prayer is not to do anything to mess with t.. He has gotten me here somehow..I trust tha He is capable :P Banky ref!

I am thankful for my boyfriend..words won't begin to do justice to what a wnderful person you are and hw blessed I am to have you...

I am thankful that my baybay is all intelligent..he needs to bemmto counter my blondeness :P

I am thankful that I am so absolutely positively totally blessed...still wondering what the big idea is..

I am thankful...

No comments: