Friday, April 2, 2010

TGIGF!!!

Maybe it isn't so bad after all that i didn't post yesterday. Good Friday is a good day for a Thankful Post. It is all symbolical, isn't it? it is the whole significance of Jesus. His birth is all well and good, but it really wouldn't matter if He hadn't been born to fulfill the purpose of dying so our ungrateful selves could keep messing up and asking for forgiveness and recieving it despite overwhelming evidence supporting the position that we should on no account receive this forgiveness...

For God so loved the world...

Which just about sums up the importance of this day..

I am trying so hard to use this as a springboard for getting right, for finding my way back to that "good" spiritual place where i can afford to go over my day and feel at least a teeny bit smug..No such luck lately...i evaluate my day and want to give myself a ringing slap..the kind that leaves you so fascinated with the colours you start to see that you do not feel the pain at all but casually assert that this is what the 'shrooms they keep talking must do...Trying...

I am thankful for forgiveness

I am thankful for knowledge

I am thankful for wisdom

I am thankful for understanding

I am thankful for being understood

I am thankful for grace

I am thankful for Patience...lol..grace and Patience..even if i barely know girls with these names..

I am thankful for purity

I am thankful for trust

I am thankful for friendship..when it's true, it's like magic..somebody trusting you honestly, earnestly to be their friend..i have been through some "tough" friendships so i KNOW...

I am thankful for the person i had a tough friendship with...we wouldn't have the great one we have now if we hadn't gotten through those times of madness...i love M2!

I am thankful for new friends...i love making new friends..if it's by surprise, or by strategy..you know them one's you've been smiling at for ages and then finally discover that they are actually pretty decent people...

I am thankful for Love

I am thankful for strong people...i hear some people's stories and realize what a wuss i am..they Inspire me

I am thankful for people who care..VV is a awesome person because he cares about our useless lives :P he really does, and that is special

I am thankful for uni..even if sometimes....all i have are nightmares

I am thankful for nightmares...for a whole lot of reasons that will prolly make me sound a bit potty so i won't even go there

I am thankful for literature

I am thankful for football

I am thankful for the Internet! i would totally fail with a side order of epic without it...

I am thankful for Youtubeeee!!! what can't you learn from youtube?

I am thankful for rainy days

I am thankful for sunny days

I am thankful for diversity

I am thankful for strength

I am thankful for my Parents

I am thankful for my sisters

I am thankful for my grandparents

I am thankful for Jelly...how did i live so long hating it? damn jello brand jelly which it the ultimate yuckydom

I am thankful for series

I am thankful for laughter

I am thankful for nerdiness

I am thankful for the way He never leaves me

I am thankful for the light that's always waiting for me whenever i decide to get up off my behind and make progress down the tunnel

I am thankful for language

I am thankful that there's so much to living..so much to learn, so many ways to live it...

I am thankful that He just won't quit on me, no matter how far gone i think i am

I am thankful for last Wednesday...i had a GOOD day :D

I am thankful for the way S makes me grin from ear to ear with every message, memory, mindread...no really..who knew that you could go so inexplicably happy for no reason other than this person...hmmm

I am thankful for everything about who he is...he just..works :P

I am thankful that he's there..

I am thankful for sleep

I am thankful for tension-free environments

I am thankful that it's factually Saturday and i have Monday off

I am thankful that i know..somehow, that everything will be okay...

I am thankful for nailpolish

I am thankful for psychobabble and cliche's...because as much as anybody wants to be uber posh and look down their rhinoplastied nose at them..they are what they are for a reason-they are true...and thus often repeated..it's not just a case of mass poor taste

I am thankful for people that get you..when you discover such people, shame on you if something as race/age/sex/height/religion/status/job/hair colour/piercings/addictions/faults..get in the way of you appreciating the fact that this person has not, and will do you no wrong in the relationship that the pair of you have going on. Anything else, is none of your damn business,so don't let it mess with the good stuff

I am thankful that i "discovered" that 3D cinema nearish my ends...

I am thankful that in the end..everything happens exactly the way it's meant to..if you like wish and work until you're rainbow in the face..you will not take a breath one second earlier than you are meant to...figuratively speaking..lol who knew i was such a fatalist?

I am thankful for where and who i am right this moment...i love life

I am thankful for life

I am thankful that there are Other People in my life that make everyday worth looking forward to and living to the fullest

I am thankful that all is well with my world even when nothing looks the slightest bit well

I am thankful that that silly optimist in me is coming out of hibernation...

I am thankful for prayer

I am thankful for second chances

I am thankful for me and S's jokes...we have more than i have managed to accumulate with people i've known all my life...jokes are special :D

I am thankful for smiley faces :D

I am thankful for touch typing..i am SO impatient that i will go crazy without it

I am thankful that i have truly amazing people in my life on the daily...

I am thankful for care. I could give up almost every emotion/situation for the single emotion of care..think about it...nothing has value if it's not done with care. If you like run from China to Cali via Europe to meet Ms. She'sTheOne, and you do it out of spite, then it means bloody nothing..make a cup of tea out of care and it means the world..abi it's just me? lol

I am thankful for the little things...i know i've said this before..but it's always the little things...ALWAYS.

I am thankful!!!!

Have a blessed Easter Weekend..and try to spend at least a couple of minutes reflecting on the reason why you have a day or two off...in any case, set some time out to do the spiritual thing..Christian o, Muslim o, Hindu, Buddhist o...

Muchos love!

No comments: