Sunday, November 15, 2009

When i Pray...

When i pray, things happen. When i pray, mountains move..okay, so maybe i haven't moved an actual, physical mountain, but i'm sure if the need arose...

It's the one thing that always remains staring me in the face whenever i start having foolish doubts creeping up. I pray. Those prayers are answered. Immediately. I get *dropjaw* moments, double takes, i go...huh? did that just..happen? It is impossible to think anything other than..There is a God, and He is not indifferent about me.

Last night, i was thinking about how awesome it was that i prayed this innocent prayer, and the day after, it got answered. I wasn't even expecting it or anything. It was one of those, "God just keep this in mind ayy? i'd like this, but You don't have to rush it, or anything", type prayers.

And then i got thinking, and reflecting on all the major prayers i've prayed, and...they damn near all got answered. And the ones that didn't? i now see that it would be foolishness for them to have been answered. So either way? I end up on top :D

Prayer is...like i've said many times on this blog, possibly the best thing ever. I don't know how it is for anyone else, but God and I? we have a thing. We just do, i don't know how else to explain it. It's in the little things that happen to me everyday, it's in missing the overstuffed bus, and getting to ride the empty one to school, it's in a stranger being nice, it's in an unexpected compliment, it's in finding the exact page that you need for an assignment. It's in these things that i know beyond a doubt that He's looking out for me.

Lately, i will have to admit, and as it probably shows from the date of my last post, i have been drifting somewhere in the middle. This doesn't mean that i'm completely off...it just means that it hasn't been that much of a front line thing as it was at some point. I feel bad about this, i do, and i'm working on changing that...but the point is, all this while, that prayer thing be saving me.

There is such comfort in saying a prayer, be it a quick one, or a long one, an emotional one, or one said while running from class to class, it is sooo reassuring to know that someone way more competent is dealing with your wahalas. Cast your burdens people. So many times i'm stressed out and struggling with something, getting increasingly frustrated, when this part of me goes...Have you prayed about this? and i think...wait, why haven't i? it would take only a second of my life to place this in God's hands, and yet i'm here trying to do it all by myself. And then i pray, and everything works itself out. No lie, no exaggeration.

I have this friend whom i always tell that i am ultrablessed. It's true. My life is enchanted. Everyday is magical, and i know i only have God to thank.

Pray people, pray. You'll be blown away.

Be good.


5 comments:

histreasure said...

i so co-sign you on this post..really..it's all about how you and Papa God roll..to me,He's just awesome..

and prayers still our hearts and allays our anxieties,if nothing else..

Keep telling of His good deeds.

theicequeen said...

Awesome doesn't even begin to describe o! my biggest regret is that caught up in the trivialities of day to day life, we often forget just how Awesome He is and take Him for granted...keep making mental notes to myself not to do so...

and this forgetting and taking for granted thing is what keeps us drowning in one dilemma or the other, not realizing that we could just say a prayer and it will be cool...ah well..we live and learn..

Sooo..will do my best to keep remembering, so i can keep telling..He is more than worthy!

Joel Brown said...

I'm not sure if I answered you question from my blog. I'm a youth pastor at "New Life" church in Kyiv. We meet on Podil...

theicequeen said...

nah, don't think you did. Checked back a couple of times, then just assumed that you didn't blog often anymore.

Thank you SO much for finding me and replying, it's really nice of you...and it frightens me a bit, because only earlier today i was thinking about going to church here in Kiev and trying to figure out a suitable one.

Will try and locate the church though, and hopefully get to be there on Sunday!.Details would be appreciated! like what time service is and such.

Thanks again!

Enkay said...

God does blow my mind each and every time!

He doesn't always answer me in the way that I want of even at the time that I want but He is always on time nonetheless!