Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday: and they keep coming!

Yup..drowning in blessing just might be one of the ways in which i'm willing to die...another one being the whole "taken up to heaven" joint :P...

For serious now though, theres an amazing thing that happens when you're on the Path God intended for you...or at least directing yourself towards that path. It's like you and Him are in sync..i dunno who ever danced with someone, but being in sync is a POWERFUL feeling, when you feel the other person is an extension of you and every movement fills you with a joy that is difficult to describe, joy because it feels so right.

Thats the sort of Joy you be trippin on when you're in sync with God. Again, i will underline the at least trying part, because God, in His boundless wisdom and love, will totally go 99.9% of the way and help you do things you didn't even bother to fantasize you could, as long as you, with a clean heart and noble intentions, start on your own 1%...

So everyday is an explosion of Joy for me. God teaches you to see all the treasures that you've been blind to, everyday is like an experience on acid, sans the acid :P: the colours are twice as vibrant, everybody just oozes love and you want to be their best friend. You totally start learning that theres no need to get mad at mundane things and this and that and then it hits you, that living His way totally rocks, because it makes YOUR life so much better...Like i read in one of my books the other day about Freedom. When you act according to the rules, the freedom you get in return overwhelms you..when you strain against them however...you have that fish on ice effect. Freedom doesn't mean anarchy!!!

All that lovely stuff being said, i will try and put down what i am thankful for :D emphasis on put down, because the feelings are the sort that need to be felt...:P

I am thankful that God never EVER gives up on me and is Faithful, was faithful, and will forever be faithful. It's more than i deserve..

I am thankful that God cares about me, like really cares..You know you care about someone when you sit and think about how to put a smile on their face, because you want to do everything in your power to make them happy...Thats what God does for me...I am forever feeling cared about...check this..GOD..like, He who created all that is, cares enough to sort me through the trivialities of my life....that rawks!

I am thankful for my family!!! Biological and acquired :P all over everywhere

I am thankful for God's word...because it totally guides you and calms you gets you through everything!

I am thankful for..kai, i no dey crase o, but i am thankful for that inner voice thing...It has pushed me in the right direction so many times...

I am thankful that one step at a time, i am finding Him again. I can't believe i walked away when it was so good...thunda faya stupidity sha :(

I am thankful that He teaches and prompts me to be a better person.

I am thankful for this internet thing o! True.. Friendships have been started and salvaged, tears have been wiped away and things have been learned..good stuff!

I am...thankful for school..lack of activity is bad for me o!

I am thankful for the cool way in which the things i need "coincidentally" appear...Hand of God? :D i think yes!

I am thankful for my Boo!!!!...which is a whole different post...but...i hope i don't blow it by doin sumfin stoopid :(

I am thankful for my friends...i have some truly AWESOME friends..that's all i can say. They are a blessing, and i would not have held it together so many times if not for them, their support, love and shoulders that they've given me to cry on, the laughs that they bring into my life on the daily...omo i am thankful!

I am thankful...that God gets me to, even at my worst, be the way that brings me favour in this life o! anyhow, e must better for me!

I am thankful for lessons in faith...whatchu know about surprise tests from 5 lectures ago that nobody studied for?...and then He tells me to just chill, to just trust Him and not freak out, and see what will happen...i laughed for 30 minutes...and then we got permission for awuf....copy city!

I am thankful that through His laws, i learn to be a better person a little at a time.

I am thankful that He makes life so much happier.

I am thankful for His truth.

I am thankful!


Radiate love!

3 comments:

Myne said...

Nice write-up, sometimes I think words might not be enough but it is one of what he have to showcase our feelings. God is just too much...

Enkay said...

Thankful with you dear...God teaches us through certain things we face and he never stops reaching out to us!

Awesome God!!

Rita said...

Lovely one, there is nothing like walking with God and being on the right path. There is always something to be thankful of with Him.