Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Fading like a flower....

So i can't remember if i did the sequel to the post about love, but this could be one in a series.

After we get all fired up and go ahead and love, or learn to love, or pay attention to the lessons and strengthen our resolutions (believe me, sometimes you ask yourself why you're doing this again?) and love...

This is all well and good. But a good thing that does you bad is no longer a good thing and the trouble with love is that at some point our vision blurs and we accept pain and suffering as parts of love. Now, there are trials, and sometimes they will drive you mad and you will question your sanity, what with loving this person and all...but that is different from when love has truly gone sour and needs to be left alone.

Lesson 3.

Learning to let go and move on is just as important as learning to love with abandon. It is the yin to the yang of love. This is the act that completes love and makes it whole. I don't know if i'm making sense to you, but just the other day, that blissful thing happened when body, mind and soul, you understand something someone wrote or said with clearly more understanding than you had at the time.

My love is true and complete because should the need arise, i can leave it and move on. No regrets, and minimal anger and hurt, i hope, but i should be able to put it down and walk away. If love becomes a shackle around your ankle or an anchor you don't want, then you live in fear of it and resent it, much like something sinister but unknown in a King novel.

But when you know that you love because you CHOOSE to do so, because you chose to give in to it and to share it and to give someone this gift, this part of you, and that it doesn't oblige you in any way..then there is no fear because it's not a game or a gamble or anything of the sort.

I'm not entirely sure, but i think it was a Coelho book. Eleven Minutes or Brida, but there was an illustration with a flower and how all we can do is enjoy its beauty when it gives it to us. If we grow selfish and pluck it to keep with us, to be there at OUR whim, it dies and is no more. While we observe it when it is willing to share, it is beautiful, it is splendid. We can appreciate it. However the time comes when that flower moves on....but it's okay, because we allowed it give us what it will, and hold no grudges when it can do that no longer. It doesn't make the time when it bloomed wasted or untrue or not intense or anything of the sort.

Such is the matter with this love thing. Eleven Minutes described this near perfectly. I only understood it weeks after reading the book. Maria could love so truly because she knew she could, and would leave it all and move across the world...the story did have a happy ending, but my point here is that she was able to bring down her walls and love because she was giving in to it for the present. For what it is. While it was in its own er..natural bloom, if you would. Now i've started spouting silly phrases that are embarrasing me...but you get the point.

As with many things, it ends up being a circle, huh? The two seem to be necessary and beneficial for each other. Loving and letting go. I don't know about you, but knowing i'm not a prisoner allows me to enjoy the sunset without thinking it a traitor when it gives way to night...The moon and the stars are beautiful too, you know :)

I am thankful for life

I am thankful for love

I am thankful for God

I am thankful for family

I am thankful for inspiration

I am thankful for blessings

I am thankful for confession

I am thankful for truth

I am thankful for understanding

I am thankful for wisdom

I am thankful for lessons

I am thankful for His presence

I am thankful for food

I am thankful for the little things..that really are the big things

I am thankful for growth

I am thankful for studying...like! Finals draw near yo!

I am thankful for work

I am thankful for me

I am thankful!

No comments: