Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Friends


But at least I got my friends
Share a rain coat in the wind
They got my back until the end
If I'll never fall in love again
Well at least I got my friends
Like a life boat in the dark
Saving me from the sharks
Even though I got a broken heart
At least I got my friends, got my friends, got my friends, got my friends
Well at least I got my friends


-Aura Dione- Friends.

So i heard this song in passing, then heard it again, then again, then listened to it, then really listened to it...and mahn, it opened my eyes to how much i am blessed to have my friends.

It is not the easiest thing for me to make friends. I have layers of trust issues, and layers of principles that make it hard for my spirit to agree with a lot of people. I mean, sure, i have aquaintances, acquaintances i really respect and like even...but my friends? That's pure love...

About two weeks ago i was privy to a conversation where there was talk about no such thing as "love at first sight" and how we choose people based on certain parameters and then decide to love them...uhm...listen, my girls, my friends, the ones that i carry in my heart...it was love at first sight, first conversation. LOL okay so not like oooh all sense to the wind this is my besty now! but within a short time of knowing them, you feel it in your spirit that you and this person...a friendship is born. It can't really be explained..but when your spirit clicks, it does...and it's not because you stalked them and decided they are "successful, smart, kind, proper" etc etc..nope...everybody has their shortcomings, and when that love thing happens...they just become minor irritating moments that don't matter in the big picture.

I've gone through ups and downs with these people. They share my joy, they drop everything and are there for me when i need them, i laugh for days with them and never run out of what to talk about. We support each other, advise each other, cry with each other, just hang around and are stupid with each other. I am  myself. They are themselves. The honesty is refreshing, i don't need a mask, i can be myself and i...am never alone...People, i can't describe the soul swelling joy that can fill a person with.

There are a handful of them...but they.are.the.BEST!

And i am blessed to have them in my life. I am thankful for who they are, and everything that made them them, and everything that led our paths to cross. I am so thankful for their love...mahn....

I am thankful for life

I am thankful for God

I am thankful for Grace

I am thankful for laughter

I am thankful for resillience

I am thankful for literature

I am thankful for MY FRIENDS!

I am thankful for patience

I am thankful for wisdom

I am thankful for growth

I am thankful for this here beautiful winter!

I am thankful for communication

I am thankful for strength

I am thankful for love

I am thankful for family

I am thankful for music

I am thankful for making memories!

I am thankful for kindness

I am thankful for honesty

I am thankful for experiences that make me stronger

I am thankful for naivite

I am thankful that no matter what...i still believe

I am thankful for forgiveness

I am thankful for inspiration

I am thankful for people

I am thankful for relationships

I am thankful for Uni

I am thankful!!!

No comments: