Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thankful Thursday: A little bit of honesty...

So what if we were real? Real with ourselves first of all and then real with others? No apologies..maybe then we can grow?

I've had this "honesty challenge" in mind for a while now, and have mentioned it in previous posts...It's something i've personally taken up in my life and well...we're getting there.

Now, this is not about me being a chronic liar or anything of that sort...it's about the kind of  "omission" that we don't even notice we do, and most of all, it affects and concerns us, before any other person.

We want to be liked, we don't want to offend people, there are social ideals and standards we are called to conform to...and we're all living a lie a little bit. Sometimes i envy, and all the time respect those people who are genuinely themselves, and/or state their point of view even when it goes completely against the norm, against the "grey". I'm not saying anyone should run amok now..but...

If you are constantly bending every which way to conform, to not rock the boat..when are you going to discover you? Learn? Grow?

In being honest with yourself, you are taking the first step in admitting where you fall short, and not just admitting, but giving yourself a chance to make necessary changes and move on. When we aren't honest, when we don't stand up and take responsibility for our thoughts and actions, then all we have is this nagging sense of guilt that we never confront, but are very bitter about...and it gets us nowhere.

It's saying yes, i drink, i smoke, and i'm working on it...and not keeping face like nothing stronger than sparkly water crosses your lips because "oh this crowd won't understand"...lol iono mahn...but i've become more blunt than i used to be...let me be less than perfect, but may God be my strength as i don't shy away from admitting it. How do you want to be grown up and do things and then run away? If you're going to make the decision to do anything, you better get up and stick by it to the end, shameful or not..can't just sweep it under the rug like we're all supposed to pretend it didn't happen..

Okay i'm ranting now..but i hope the gist of it is understood...take that challenge to be honest with yourself, with people...don't allow political correctness make you drive yourself into lying to yourself..face things as they are and work with that...can't build anything on lies and illusions..that's no type of foundation..

I am thankful for life

I am thankful for God

I am thankful that He leads me where He intends me to be..and sees me through..no matter how terrified out of my mind i may be...

I am thankful for His ever present voice

I am thankful for His patience

I am thankful for His LOVE

I am thankful for rest...oh sleeep.....

I am thankful that time has been flying sha

I am thankful for uni

I am thankful for friends

I am thankful for Grace

I am thankful for my family

I am thankful for all the amazing wishes i got on my birthday

I am thnakful for warmth

I am thakful for His promise

I am thankful for the beautiful snow all over everywhere...even though...it's not easy being out and about mahn!

I am thankful for wisdom

I am thankful for communication

I am thankful for feelings

I am thankful for blessings

I am thankful for life...i am thankful for new chances i am thankful for His perseverance, for His faithfulness


I am thankful!

p.s...i've been writing these posts for the last three/four thursdays...and i have faith, and i believe..but for me it's more theory than practice. In my own life, i'm on pause. I'm overwhelmed and i am not turning to God as i ought to..i'm just on pause, telling Him i need alone time..and that's wrong...that's not right...so if you'll say a prayer for me..i'll really appreciate that....thank you :)

No comments: