Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Twas the eve before the end...

On the one hand, i have jokes about this end of the world thing...there are so many questions that arise from organisation alone..i mean..what time? does it start in New Zealand? Does it go time zone by time zone? On the other hand, i have watched a Zeitgeist vid or two and there is the aspect of the end of an era...so...let me just leave that talk one side...

Like the Sufi poem i have had up here before, let my actions be because of my love for God, and not out of fear, or as a guarantee for something. I do not want to worship God because of Heaven. He is the end, He is the means, He is everything. He is the end first of all. He is the reason, He is the point, and honestly, He is enought. I have nothing against Heaven, but i never would want that to be my reason for loving God. It's like getting married to whomever because of the accomodation they can provide....i would decidedly not enjoy being the owner of the real estate in question, i'll tell you that much.

So in continuation of last week's post, i'll like to say that speaking hypothetically about rapture, i guess i'm okay with whatever the outcome. Not okay as in passive, but okay as in i do not have arguments against God's judgement. If i fall short on the day...then i messed up along the way...we will tighten belts and consult all the knowledge we gathered from Left Behind...warriors are still needed for the Tribulation, and God will not leave those who step up to it without cover...so...not that i'm indifferent..i'm just sayin'...lol while not in said situation...i'm sure i'll rant and rail and whatnot for a bit in this hypothetical situation...

It's kinda weird how this is the post that is typing itself today. I am never one for Apocalypse talk. If it happens, it happens...i'm just not one to be all agitated about it like it's happening live...when it arrives, it will arrive...Or i'm desensitized because 90% of my dreams are set in a post-apocalyptic world, and this has been the case for as long as i can remember so...yeah...

What i'm trying to say, in essence, the part where this post hooks up with the last post...is that it is against my spirit to do eye service for God. To knowingly, intentionally comply with God's will SO THAT...i speak for myself, and the testimony of the spirit within me. It might not be the case for anyone else, but i cannot deny what is true for me, i cannot unknow it, i cannot pretend like this is not how God has wired me...

If i were to form activity SO THAT God will do anything...my spirit will not be at rest within me. I'll feel like a scheming person, and that is the last thing that agrees with my principles. I love God, i love my relationship with Him, i seek Him, i want to know Him, and He reveals Himself to me, He has blessed me with the opportunity to have this relationship, He is alive in my life....and you know...THIS is my joy, this is my contentment...

I am thankful for God

I am thankful for life

I am thankful for love

I am thankful for contentment

I am thankful for simplicity

I am thankful for comfort

I am thankful for friends

I am thankful for my family

I am thankful for His grace

I am thankful that i am so infinitely blessed

I am thankful that He loves me with a love that shakes the earth

I am thankful for His patience

I am thankful that God is GOD, with the very nature He has

I am thankful for wisdom

I am thankful for understanding

I am thankful for maturity

I am thankful for forgiveness

I am thankful for inspiration

I am thankful that God is so much bigger than this

I am thankful for laughter

I am thankful for kindness

I am thankful for miss Ruby...like! there are no words!

I am thankful for food

I am thankful for the favour i am experiencing at Uni...grace by the left and by the right man! na God!

I am thankful for who i am. So deeply, thoroughly thankful for the gift of life, for the opportunity to walk this earth, to have the experiences i have...and to have a relationship with God...SO.THANKFUL!

I am thankful for His perfect plan

I am thankful!!!!

oh, P.S

O Lord,
If tomorrow on Judgment Day
You send me to Hell,
I will tell such a secret
That Hell will race from me
Until it is a thousand years away.

O Lord,
Whatever share of this world
You could give to me,
Give it to Your enemies;
Whatever share of the next world 
You want to give to me,
Give it to Your friends.
You are enough for me.

O Lord, 
If I worship You
From fear of Hell, burn me in Hell.

O Lord, 
If I worship You
From hope of Paradise, bar me from its gates.

But if I worship You for Yourself alone
Then grace me forever the splendor of Your Face.

Rabi´a al-Adawiyya, translation by Andrew Harvey and Eryk Hanut - 'Perfume of the Desert'

No comments: