Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful Thursday: A little thought...


“Your beliefs become your thoughts, 
Your thoughts become your words, 
Your words become your actions, 
Your actions become your habits, 
Your habits become your values, 
Your values become your destiny.”


― Mahatma Gandhi


Mark 7:20-22

And he said, “What comes out of a person is what defiles him. For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness.

Philippians 4:8 

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

I really rather enjoy these posts where there are quotes at the beginning. I think they help to set the tone for the post, provide a focus point for the whole thing, and are useful as a summary/reminder at the end of the post...but i digress...

Today's post, i think, is pretty straight forward and self explanatory. Guard your thoughts. Be vigilant about them like everything depended on them because, well...everything does. I won't duplicate the lessons written in the abundance of self-help and inspirational books...i'll just stick to this little part of it..

Once you feel like there's a whisper, a shadow of a thought in your mind that's leading you to the path you know better than to be on...just silence it there, a la "my mommy told me not to talk to strangers". This past week, every time i've gone off and done something i wasn't supposed to..it all started with the most not-even-a-real-thought type thoughts...which gained momentum the more i allowed them speak. All out actions start off as thoughts. Sometimes, we don't even notice we've thought the thought before we take the action, it seemingly just happens with the flow of things...this is why it is important to be conscious of your thought process, aware of it as much as you can..

I'm probably rambling now...

Today is thanksgiving across the pond..on a Thursday..like last year..ha..

I am thankful for life

I am thankful for God

I am thanful for favour

I am thankful for friends

I am thankful for family

I am thankful for my day at uni today! that test was about to slay my nerves!

I am thankful for the inches added to my skin...this skin is thick these days yo!

I am thankful for all the people who have made me wiser and stronger..through their love and encouragement, or through the pain they've caused..what matters is that i'm all the better for it so..i'm thankful

I am thankful for forgiveness

I am thankful for music...i nearly forgot what therapy it is

I am thankful for communication

I am thankful for humour...i don't know what i'll do without it..it's my escape

I am thankful for books

I am thankful for patience

I am thankful for laughter

I am thankful for joy

I am thankful for Grace

I am thankful for food

I am thankful that He provides for me

I am thankful for His Love

I am thankful for His patience

I am thankful for prophecy

I am thankful for His promises

I am thankful for His faithfulness

I am thankful for Wisdom

I am thankful for Understanding

I am thankful for Jesus

I am thankful for testimony

I am thankful for support

I am thankful for growth

I am thankful for spirituality

I am thankful for art

I am thankful for the weather

I am thankful for my teachers and mentors

I am thankful for Men's Health!!! can't lie! i love this magazine like curayzeee! a new edition out on the stands makes my mouth water in joy...don't ask me why my body chooses to express joy in this form

I am thankful for kindness

I am thankful!!!!

No comments: