Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday: A bit of Dorian, a bit of Gray.

So this is an idea that has lived in my head for a while.

It is not news to anyone that our actions have consequences. Somehow though, well, it's quite easy how it happens...A lot of the time, the consequences of our actions aren't visible and it becomes oh so easy to forget that they are there. That we don't see them doesn't mean they aren't there, or that they don't have the potential to leave their mark on our life in a very real way.

Have you read the picture/portrait of Dorian Gray? okay, i'll wait while you do....:P

Well in it, he, Dorian, makes a deal where his own prettyboy face doesn't age or chance at all, but a portrait of him gets to do that instead. All his life, all his actions leave their marks on the face of that painting. Every evil deed, every hurt, every action etches itself on his face..as it ought to have on the real one...but no one can tell how evil he is because it doesnt show...

I'm sure we can all tell kindly old people apart from them meanies...i think that the life we live leaves its marks on our faces..in frown or smile lines, in a cruel mouth or in smiling eyes..it shows, it really does..

Very much the same with our souls. Our souls are Dorian's portrait. We often do things that no one else can see. We sin, we lie, we fornicate, we are cruel...you don't get branded as soon as you do it..you aren't struck dead on the spot...this makes it very easy for us to forget that all our actions, good or bad leave their imprint on our souls, twisting, turning and distorting.

That's just a thought...we are Dorian...because we can't see it doesn't mean it isn't happening...our actions tell on our souls, they have consequences...

I am thankful for life

I am thankful for God

I am thankful for the retreat last week and for the surprise/blessing/miracle God had for me

I am thankful for family

I am thankful for love

I am thankful for relationship

I am thankful for His grace

I am thankful for relationship

I am thankful for friends

I am thankful for forgiveness

I am thankful for His guidance

I am thankful that He saves me from myself

I am thankful for kindness

I am thankful for teamwork

I am thankful for those people who your soul agrees with

I am thankful for my life

I am thankful for Understanding

I am thankful He reminded me today  was Thursday...so tired these days i can't tell one day apart from the  next

I am thankful for babies!

I am thankful!!!!

No comments: