Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Immortality.

I've got news for you, ladies and gentlemen. You are immortal.

It is short sighted to think of life in only biological terms. Expand your vision. Work with me here. Take a moment and think beyond breathing, think beyond your body. You have spirit and soul. Now, there are people who believe life ends with biological death...that's not the version i'm going with, so we won't even address it.

I was watching this documentary the other day, that for the most part was close to batty, but i digress. This priest guy said something that made me stop and think. We are immortal. There is no way a person can well, vanquish himself completely. A person may for whatever reasons decide to end it to escape from life...but then the soul lives on...

And this is where we ponder the consequences. We are immortal and with this comes great responsibility. It would be quite the field day on earth if we weren't actually immortal. People could run amok doing whatever they pleased and off themselves and be free. But it isn't quite like that, is it?

Life on earth is but one form of existence. We have these biological bodies that house our spirits and souls while we are on earth...No one knows quite what happens when this stage is over, but me, i know it continues. There are other forms of existence, and how they'll be is not independent of our actions here on earth. We will not only answer for our deeds here, but they will determine the fate of our immortal souls...which we cannot destroy or escape from. Let that sink in for a bit...Some people see death as an escape from their hardships here on earth...but this really isn't the final frontier...maybe the human body can be peeled away...but you can't peel anything away from your soul. It is what it is.

I am thankful for life

I am thankful for God

I am thankful for His faithfulness

I am thankful for His mercies

I am thankful for God's love

I am thankful for His attentiveness

I am thankful for the amazing pleasant surprises He puts in my life

I am thankful for Uni

I am thankful for my friends...i have some truly amazing ones that didn't become part of my life by mere coincidence

I am thankful for laughter

I am thankful for family

I am thankful for relationships

I am thankful for love

I am thankful for prayer

I am thankful for growth

I am thankful for God's guidance

I am thankful for favour and blessings

I am thankful for His word

I am thankful for wisdom

I am thankful for patience

I am thankful for who He's  moulding me into

I am thankful for compassion

I am thankful for people who are not indifferent

I am thankful for kindness

I am thankful for God's Will and His perfect plan

I am thankful for support

I am thankful for humour

I am thankful for understanding

I am thankful for inspiration

I am thankful!

No comments: