Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday: The words we plant



Okay, so I’m going to say that this might be very condensed upfront. The internet is acting up, nay, conspiring as The Quackster has said..and yes, it took me 20 or so minutes to realize that instead of perfecting my solitaire game while I practiced calmness and waited for the internet, I could start typing in Word.

Now, the Bible verses that go with this post are !saiah 55;10-11…no, I do not have them ommited to memory and no I do not have a bible by my side like riiight now..and as the internet is acting up..well, you know how is goes..

Basically it’s this..like the snow and the rain do not just fall and do nothing, so are our words. The rain comes down and nourishes the earth, waters the plants, before it evaporates and turns back to rain/snow/hail….and the words we speak are like seeds, kernels..they do not just fall on the ground and cease to be..they take root and grow and become plants and bear fruits.

The sort of fruits that they will bear and the sorts of plants that they will be depend on you and what you are sowing. It is very important to bridle your tongue, set up a gate over your mouth. It’s often hard to do because the effects are not immediately tangible You think..it’s just words. They say, sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt…

The Bible makes the significance of the things we speak very clear..our world, all that it is, in the beginning…was the word, and the word was God…do you see where we are going with this? If a word brought things into being, if “Let there be Light” started this whole party..then how can words be mere words?

So the challenge I’ll put before us with this post is this: be aware of the words you speak.sit back and listen to yourself, note the words, note the mood you convey, the things you confess, the energy which you convey…I assure you that it can be scary how much negativity we constantly prophesy into our lives..if God didn’t override them as often as He does, we would speak ourselves into destruction, into oblivion, into pain and depression and worthlessness and no success whatsoever…It might sound way out there..but for one day, listen to yourself, then make amends as much as you can. It is not something to be done in a day, it’s a process..but I do believe it would be well worth it…Speak life. Lol yes, I see how I sound like all them charismatic churches them…but I’m not on about speak money into your life..just…realize that words are more than just words..they are powerful.

I am thankful for Life

I am thankful for Love

I am thankful for family

I am thankful for understanding

I am thankful for kindness

I am thankful for forgiveness

I am thankful for patience

I am thankful for solitude

I am thankful for wisdom

I am thankful for His perfect Plan

I am thankful for books

I am thankful for movies

I am thankful for laughter

I am thankful for the internet (in general…right now, it’s a cow)

I am thankful for food

I am thankful for signs, omens

I am thankful for where I am, who I am, and all that has brought me here

I am thankful for sleep

I am thankful for rain

I am thankful for His patience

I am thankful for His faithfulness…He holds my hand and sees me through each day

I am thankful for contentment

I am thankful that He explains everything in time and gives me the strength to endure

I am thankful for Grace

I am thankful for His friendship

I am thankful for peace

I am thankful for emotions

I am thankful for words

I am thankful for start-overs

I am thankful!!!!

No comments: