Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Surrender

Sometimes, we aren't so upbeat. And that is okay. Being a Christian, being born again doesn't mean your life becomes rainbow unicorn fairydust sunset days... Sometimes we panic and set these ridiculous standards that we think we have to meet...and when we don't...we feel bad, and that affects our relationship with God. Sometimes i lapse into thinking that everything going right and sunshine and smiles are the only things that confirm my "good" relationship with God..and i know that is false.

That is untrue. Your relationship with God is not about only what you judge to be happy times. There is a time for everything under the sun, and sometimes there is a time to go through trial to come out stronger.

Underneath the depression and helplessness and outright fear i've felt since last night, i feel, i see the lessons learned, and i believe that God is not leaving me hanging and in just a little while i'll see the purpose of it all...it doesn't change the ratty way i feel, it doesn't make the anger and bitterness just poof and go away..quite contrary to my last post, right now i feel like i've learned that i need to NOT trust as opposed to trust and...on and on it goes...i will keep praying that this helpless feeling goes away..but mahn i'm tempted to just run with anger...and that would not end well..i'd just wallow, and it will get more and more dismal...so...yeah...being a christian doesn't mean you're always upbeat and everything is going just super duper...it knowing that no matter what, and no matter how desolate it seems, the Lord is your joy and comfort and His joy comes with the morning light..so...yeah..lol pray for me to overcome this sadness and anger and loss of faith...

In time, His perfect purpose will be revealed. 

We need to learn to surrender to Him. Completely, totally, give all of you to Him, don't be hiding any part as per "for a rainy day"...Surrender to His will, to His purpose..He won't ever let you down..no matter how it may feel like you're heading for disaster...be assured that you will arrive safely to where He purposed you to be...

I am thankful for life

I am thankful for God

I am thankful for Uni! Baba God noni!!!!! wrote my last exam for the semester today..cannot believe it's over!! God just poured favour over me meyn! i cannot be thankful enough

I am thankful for my friends....He has blessed me with amazing people..old and new :P

I am thankful for M...her soul agrees with me

I am thankful for God's presence in my life

I am thankful for praise and worship music

I am thankful for the Quackster! my very own angel!

I am thankful for understanding...as hurtful as things may get, i am thankful because my vision is more 20/20 than it was and i'm losing that naivite

I am thankful for our pastor at church! His humility and honesty are inspirng, and i am thankful for his life, for his family, and that God made our paths cross

I am thankful for church! i have been blessed with a lovely extra family :P for real..my church is like...family!

I am thankful for His faithfulness

I am thankful for His guidance and protection

I am thankful for His perfect plan

I am thankful for my family..my mom, dad, sisters, grandparents

I am thankful that He never allows me to lack anything..everything i need, i have...He provides without fail

I am thankful for my relationship with God

I am thankful for miracles

I am thankful for patience

I am thankful for forgiveness

I am thankful for do-overs

I am thankful for junk food

I am thankful for literature

I am thankful for holidays

I am thankful for growth

I am thankful for progress

I am thankful for revelations

I am thankful for Life.

I am thankful!!!

No comments: