Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thankful Thursday: For pride is sneaky...

Proverbs 26:12 says this: Do you see a man who is wise in his own eyes? there is more hope for a fool than for him.

“Woe to those who quarrel with their Maker, 
    those who are nothing but potsherds 
    among the potsherds on the ground.
Does the clay say to the potter, 
    ‘What are you making?’ 
Does your work say,
    ‘The potter has no hands’?- Isaiah 45:9

In who's understanding of wisdom is your wisdom rated? Does it come from God, who gives it abundantly? Is it rooted in truth and integrity and love? Is your wisdom fair? or does it find it's beginnings in arrogance?

It's a thin, tricky line to walk, this line that separates us from pride.

Pride is a tricky sin, because we tend to be commiting it at exactly those moments when we feel most holy and self righteous.

argh...this is not flowing today...i have had a wonderful, exhausting, and rather productive day. I learned a lot, ate a little and am thankful for everything...but i do find that this writing thing..so i'll do it this way...bullet points of sorts

Isaiah 43- because it always overwhelms me with God's love and also because coincidentally, my dad mentioned it to me yesterday.

43 

But now, this is what the Lord says—    he who created you, Jacob,    he who formed you, Israel:
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;    I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters,     I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,    they will not sweep over you.When you walk through the fire,     you will not be burned;    the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God,     the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,    Cush[a] and Seba in your stead. Since you are precious and honored in my sight,    and because I love you,I will give people in exchange for you,    nations in exchange for your life.Do not be afraid, for I am with you;     I will bring your children from the east    and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’    and to the south, ‘Do not hold them back.’Bring my sons from afar    and my daughters from the ends of the earth everyone who is called by my name,     whom I created for my glory,
    whom I formed and made. 

...until the end, if you will...



2 Corinthians 12:6-10

New International Version (NIV)
Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say, or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. ” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


Also, The Shack. I haven't read it to the end, but God has clarified so many things already...so...critics will always be there, and i'm not even saying that you should drop everything and BELIEVE in this book...i'm just saying that it's not irrelevant. God makes no mistakes.

Well that's the long and short of it...meditate, ponder, and go to the Lord in prayer and listen, don't try to make Him fit into your box of what He is and isn't...allow Him show you the truth.

I am thankful for life

I am thankful for God

I am thankful for my relationship with God.

I am thaknful that God is...GOD! He is so cool, if only you'd get over yourself and have a relationship with Him...i'm ever working on this

I am thankful for my family

I am thankful for Love

I am thankful for dreams

I am thankful that God has a sense of humour

I am thankful for patience

I am thankful for inspiration

I am thankful for experience

I am thankful for forgiveness

I am thankful for rest

I am thankful for church

I am thankful for kindness

I am thankful for His word

I am thankful for the favours and blessings He bestows on me

I am thankful for His perfect timing

I am thankful for the weather

I am thankful that He leads me away from what is bad for me

I am thankful for Grace...His grace is enough, it is all we need

I am thankful!!!!

2 comments:

aloted said...

I applaud u IceQueen..for your thankful posts..i have fallen off the band wagon but people like u encourage me to be thankful against all odd...

thank u..thank u...

i hope u are well?

theicequeen said...

oh my gosh!!! Hiiiiii! it's been forever! i'm lazy with the comments, but everytime i write, i know that i probably won't be here if it wasn't for your support all those times..so it's like a telepathic shoutout i send with each post :P

I've fallen off the bandwagon time and time again myself...norrin tragic :P sometimes we need time to do something else..just don't miss when it's time to hop back on :D

I am very very very happy to hear that they encourage you, or make you think, or touch you in any way..nothing is insignificant..it's why i write, and not just keep it to myself..so knowing that it helps you in any way makes my joy complete :D

I am well oh..we thank God..small small everyday...how are you? how have you been?