Friday, May 4, 2012

Thankful Friday ;) : Don't leave those gifts sitting around wrapped up...

Yes, i'm well aware that the packaging is oh so pretty, but at some point you're going to have to get over yourself and open it up, and not only be wowed by the gift itself when you see it...but be completely blown away when you actually start using it and seeing all the amazing functions it has and how much joy and goodness it brings..

We all have gifts that have been given to us. Sidetracking from the sort i mean for the purposes of this post, which are talents more or less...gifts include blessings that you just...have and may nor may not be able to manipulate or develop or...you know..you just have it like..hey! smile!

Okay, now everyone has a talent, a gift for something. That thing you do that when you do it, it makes you happy...no, lazing about for days on end doesn't count..it can be pleasant, but it's not something you actively do. More often than not, when you do this thing, it not only brings you joy..but it just seems to work. It's smooth sailing and even when you hit bumpy road, it doesn't matter, it doesn't annoy you, you work your way through it instead of tantrum throwing...okay it doesn't mean you don't ever every ever get frustrated...it's just the kind of frustration that's more like a minor invonvinience.

For some people it's singing, for some it's writing, dancing maybe? Maybe there are people who just loooove balancing checkbooks (i cannot understand this but hey..), maybe it's encouraging other people, sailing...whatever it may be..the fact is that you are drawn to that particular activity because you are uniquely wired to be good at that, to like that.

A disclaimer before i go any further..yes, i understand that the world needs engineers and the people passionate about it may not be enough to supply the need..but that is neither here nor there...you can still do what you love, do it on the side, dedicate time to nourishing your gift, growing it, and in time, whatever told you it was foolhardy or not wise to indulgine in it will be proved wrong and you will find satisfaction, and even more, you will change your world, you will touch people by doing what you love...and i think that is the best sort of work to be doing..i'm sure i'm not the only one that has been ticked off by someone acting like you forced them to choose the job they feel stuck in...

Like the Bible says, the body is made up of many parts, none more important than the other. They are all important, and whatever your gift is, it is a way to reach out and touch other people, and works together with whatever else everyone brings to the table for the best.

What i'm saying is this. We are each given a gift. The best part of this gift is that it doesn't wear and tear. More like the more you use it, the better it gets...the more you train it and allow it to run free, the more you listen to its promptings, the more it expands and shows you the ways in which it can manifest, and honestly, it will be beyond your wildest dreams.

I'm personally still trying to pin mine down..i have a few suspicions and i do try to indulge the pulling of them..it's a process, and sometimes i'm unsure and cannot see where they may lead..but that is not really the point..the point is to not kill those gifts, do not lock them up in a cage. If you don't let them out, they will never show you where they could have gone..I don't too much have a personal testimony, but i think Jon Acuff over at stuffchristianslike.net has a story that inspires...also, you may want to buy a copy of his book, Quitter..(and send me one too :P) but i think he does show what it is to take a bold step and ride on your gift. God gave it to you for a reason, and He will always bring you up tops, will ALWAYS bring you victory..best believe...also, the Alchemist..follow your own unique purpose in life, and then you will truly find joy..lol i'll see what i can do about an update report every year? two? five?

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men.



I don't think it's about bribes, by the way :P

I am thankful for Life

I am thankful for each day

I am thankful for God's presence in my Life

I am thankful that He saved me, and is NOT letting go

I am thankful for my family

I am thankful for my mother...She is my first and continuous blessing on this earth...

I am thankful for my sisters!!! i am so grateful that i have them, just the way they are..

I am thankful for uni and the fact that God has gotten me through every situation that was giving me anxiety attacks

I am thankful for His comfort and reassurance...half the time even when i'm being anxious...He has told me everything will be fine, He has even given me a glimpse of the timeframe we are working with, Him and i...buh yea, for the most part i'm still a panicky little girl...and He gets that

I am thankful for my friends

I am thankful for His word

I am thankful for prophecy

I am thankful for Love

I am thakful for dreams

I am thankful for the way He makes events unfold...will just leave you awed and smiling

I am thankful that my internet is working! i was stubborn and went to sleep instead of writing the TT yesterday...then at night the thing refused to come on..see me talking to my modem ehn...

I am thankful for prayer

I am thankful for patience

I am thankful for forgiveness

I am thankful for faith

I am thankful for His perfect timing

I am thankful for time alone and growth

I am thankful for everything that has led me to where i am today..the good, the bad, the ugly and the shameful..it's okay if it joins in moulding me into who i am, and makes me able to be sensitive and relate to other people and encourage them or whatever it is i am to do in their lives

I am thankful for omens, that guide us to fulfilling our purpose

I am thankful!!!!

No comments: