Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Not by our might.

I think today's post might be short...

For the last week and a half-two weeks i've been in limbo. I've had days when i was so frustrated it felt like i was dying, or going to explode or something to that tune. Just confused, not knowing what to do or what to think or what direction to walk in. That is not a good state in which to fight off temptation, the state itself being a temptation. To be honest, the paradox lies perhaps in that i would sit and be frustrated, and put off obeying His voice until after i was good and done being frustrated and hopeless. And yes, i know..i keep writing that we should pray at situations like that, drown them out with praise...
But they wore at me, even while my faith in Him remains as true as ever...something has gotten to me..something is getting at my spirit and wearing it down, and apparently i'm letting it..maybe thinking like that is also bad, because it causes me to become hopeless and....it's all so awful really...

Only just now i saw a video where the a girl mentioned that the devil knows when God is about to give you a blessing and so he rushes forth to make you stumble...here's to praying that God forgives and understands and doesn't withhold His plans.

Sometimes, it seems like, in line with His style, He will allow certain things to happen in order for your understanding to be deepend. He will allow you sink, He will allow you to undo it all, so that when you build again, it will be stronger. In this situation, it seems to me that i might have unknowingly patted myself on the back for doing (or not doing) certain things...i'm a bit confused there though..i thanked Him for keeping me from them, i gave glory to Him..but perhaps i slipped and thought it was by my might? i don't know..everything i do is thanks to Him...i claim nothing...

i guess times like these happen. Just that sometimes, in my head, there's a line that divides the before and after and i expect it to be all different and put pressure on myself to be perfect, entirely missing the point. Sure, we strive to live in a way that pleases Him, we give up sinful things...but at the same time, the real difference lies in the fact that we turn to Him for forgiveness and grace and do not stop or give up...we keep it moving. It doesn't mean that we are now perfect...So don't loose hope if you trip, fall and do something that you know better than doing...ask for forgiveness and keep going..repent of it, ask Him to see you through...and keep going...

Also, don't feel abandoned or lose hope when you aren't feeling all "in the spirit" as you did in the beginning...it's not about a tingly feeling..it's not about fireworks..it's about consistency and faith that won't quit, for He is always there, same as He always was. Don't allow your subjective perception to affect your vision.

Last night/this morning, 2 am...He woke me up, and showed me this : Psalms 30:5: For His anger is but for a moment, and His favour is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry the night, but joy comes with the morning.

I pray i get past this limbo.

I am thankful for life

I am thankful for God

I am thankful for forgiveness

I am thankful for Grace

I am thankful for mercy

I am thankful for prayer

I am thankful for my family

I am thankful for His strength and support

I am thankful for His leadership

I am thankful for His word

I am thankful for His patience

I am thankful for His will

I am thankful for each day

I am thankful for every lesson learned

I am thankful that He hears me

I am thankful that we move on

I am thankful for understanding

I am thankful for miracles, for the supernatural

I am thankful for books

I am thankful for films

I am thankful for feelings...glorious glorious emotions

I am thankful for love

I am thankful.

Have a good one! :)

No comments: