Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Imprisoned.

Sometimes, the titles i come up with make me flinch...so dramatic! eh...

So the other day i was sitting on the couch and feeling joyful for no concrete reason when, clear as day, today's theme came to me.

See last week..or early this week i watched the Russian adaptation of "Twelve angry men", called "12". (Awesome film, by the way)..but the part that concerns me is this.

At the end of 12, the after the jurors have agreed that the boy is not guilty, they are confronted with making the choice of declaring him guilty- for his own sake. See, the the theory was that he would live longer in jail than he would out. That in order for him to be let out, they would be better off first sending him to jail, then going to the courts and explaining why they actually think he is innocent, getting the actual guilty people arrested, and only then letting the boy out.

That's deep as far as i'm concerned. Sometimes, the evident "right" thing to do or "pleasant" thing to do is not the best thing for us at a particular moment in time. Sometimes, what feels like the utmost horror show is the safest place for us to be. It doesn't mean that the thing we desire, and even deserve is wrong..it's just not the time, and would be fully enjoyed at some later time.

Just like your parents will keep you locked indoors so that you're safe until you're able to look out for your own safety yourself, so sometimes God will keep you imprisoned until it's safe for you to claim your gifts.

Everybody has their own little prison, their own place or situation that they'd rather not be in..but rather than lament and lose hope, just remember that God will never do anything to hurt you. Everything that happens to you, and every situation you are in works for the ultimate good. I believe this.

I am thankful for life

I am thankful for God

I am thankful for inspiration

I am thankful for prayer

I am thankful for kindness

I am thankful for my family

I am thankful for love

I am thankful for God's presence

I am thankful for His care

I am thankful for forgiveness

I am thankful for understanding

I am thankful for emotions...as much as we fight them...they are what help us feel alive

I am thankful for growth

I am thankful for hope

I am thankful for dialogue

I am thankful for prayers answered and prayers denied :P if some things got sanctioned..there'd be chaos!

I am thankful for my friends

I am thankful for His blessings

I am thankful for health

I am thankful for His will

I am thankful for books

I am thankful for my pastor...we have a pretty awesome pastor sha...

I am thankful for the weather

I am thakful for laughter

I am thankful for who i am, where i am, where i've been and where i'm going

I am thankful for books

I am thankful for miracles

I am thankful for His intervention

I am thankful for His hand in my life

I am thankful for Grace.

I am thankful!!!!


1 comment:

Enkay said...

Hmmm, it sure isn't the easiest thing to understand or accept but it is true all the same that sometimes, unpleasant things happen just so that they would eventually give way to the pleasant things....

May we find the Grace to understand this and be at peace.