Thursday, December 24, 2009

Thankful Thursday: and it keeps getting better!

Almost the end of the week again..or as far as i'm concerned, it's already the end of the week, because we all know that once you have your last class, the day is "officially" over...what i do in my "free time" doesn't go on any clock!

Again, i've had a wonderful week, and i stand here looking back in amazement. This week seemed to once again be about patience and trust and holding myself back from freaking out, but instead just letting God's word guide me.

Which kinda brings me to a mini point i have today...It's mini cuz it's not the actual post, see :P anywho, it's again about the fact that whatever rules/laws God lays down, they are for our own good. Unfortunately it's easier to throw a tantrum like an immature two year old thats being deprived of candy. See, life, every single day is SO MUCH BETTER when you're living it according to the rules. There are rules to life, and some people refuse to acknowledge this. I won't lump it under Karma, because that is only a part of the rules. They are not there to punish you, their purpose is not depriving you of happiness. Most of the time, you realize that following given rules keeps you away from a substandard life. It's saying no to what you don't need anyways.

But still, for some reason, it seems to be human nature to want to do what you want when you want without any sort of looking beyond the surface. Throwing a tantrum is often the easiest reaction. I should know. I have the amazing ability to go from happy to pissed properly off in one word flat. I know this is wrong, because reflecting on such instances shows you the stupidity of you actions, and yet, at the time i er...sometimes, you know, get caught up in the moment and act without thinking..working on that though, because...

This might make some sense to somebody, and maybe none to anyone, but, on Wednesday, i had a test that i've been dreading and being negative about all semester. Now, in the days prior to this test, i kept meeting the theme of not speaking bad, or thinking bad of anyone or any circumstance, you know, those lines about may the words that come out of your mouth be edifying and all that, not ones that bring people down. Honestly, with all my soul, all i wanted to do was curse like a sailor and complain and moan about how terrible it all was. God spoke sense into me though, brought things into perspective and silenced me with logic. This lecturer, and this course had done nothing to me. It was i, who for some reason decided to adopt this horrendous attitude towards it.

Coming to my point now :P, i would like to highlight the fact that i was the one adopted an attitude towards the course. A negative attitude. The same thing which i now realize kinda messed with my whole upwards and forwards mobility :P. Slowly, and with a LOT of difficulty for me, i started blocking negativity concerning the course. If a bad thought came up concerning the lecturer, i'd shoot it down and think of a good thing about it and such. On the day of the test, amidst people who were nervous to the ears all around me,and saying all sorts of delicious evilness about the lecturer, and the fact that i did not study anyfink :P i was chilll about it. Just said my prayer and went on obeying the lesson He was teaching. Call me crazy, but that was my most important assignment, the working on me part.

See, any laws that would involve you correcting your mental attitude, cannot possibly be because God is bored. He wants you to have some sense so that you could live a better life. That's all i can say, really, because when i do what's right, apart from just having all them blessings drown me, i see the point! I see, in logical progression how it affects my life in a positive way. It's the same principle guiding my new found principles on sex...but that is another post :D

I am thankful for GOD! above all, because without Him...there is nothing at all

I am thankful for this week....oh how i feared this week! but it has turned out/is turning out megasuper in my favour...because He loves me more than i deserve!

I am thankful for them A's that i'm gathering...again, not my doing!

I am thankful that i am able to, with a simple prayer, cast all my problems into much more capable hands

I am thankful that even if i've been at extreme lows where i was so confused about God, questioned my faith, decided that i've lost my faith, lost my belief in Him, been skeptical, cynical, bitter, angry at Him and all sorts of things that i wish on nobody, He has somehow brought me to a place where i no longer...okay, not as much as before, feel crazy for stating the realities of His blessings in my life...like say what you want, but i simply cannot deny the "coincidences" that cross my path each day...sebi first time na mistake, second time na coincidence, third time, na pattern be dat :D

I am thankful for poetry

I am thankful for kindness

I am thankful for spoken word poetry

I am thankful for spoken word poetry on def poetry on youtube

I am thankful for what i said before+ that makes me cry :P

I am thankful for love!

I am thankful for beauty in everything

I am thankful for beautiful people..nope, not looks this time

I am thankful for people so good, that they don't even realize how wonderful they are, pure, innocent, unspoiled by life...i'm not talking about nuns here. It's trivial things like acting "moral" that is NOT my criteria for a good person..hola if you feel me!

I am thankful that i get to have such people in my life

I am thankful for warmer weather! yup, we rockin that +3 like it's summer!

I am thankful that He...He moves past my screwups faster than i do

I am thankful that i get the opportunity to go home for new years. Thankful that i am in a position to be able to do so at this moment in time. No be everyday awuf :P

I am thankful for His lessons!

I am thankful for His word.

I am thankful that He never ever lets me down or leaves me in the middle of nowhere with no map and no point. He always has a point. Just obey dey go, and when you finally get the point, you'll be like woooord? :P

I am thankful for humorous poetry

I am thankful for green tea

I am thankful for Oriflame...teehee melove! melove!

I am thankful for my accidental friends, people with whom my paths have crossed seemingly by coincidence, but yet have come to mean so much to me.

I am thankful for negative people that are no longer in my lives, thankful that God gives me the strength to say no, and reject less that i deserve.

I am thankful that He's teaching me so much about loving me...it's not easy, not for me.

I am thankful that He's teaching me the difference between being caring, being there for someone, and being used and unappreciated.

I am thankful that He's delivering me from that

I am thankful for my Mommy!..and your mommy and your mommy too..aren't mommies the best? My mother means the world to me, and in every way that you can think of, i wouldn't be me without her. She had me, and she raised me good! Intelligence, love, kindness, humility, common sense and care she instilled in me, knowingly or unknowingly...i love my mother more than any words could ever describe. I am incredibly blessed to have her

I am thankful for my daddy...all my principles and moral stubbornness and allergy to "whats not right" are from him. Nothing to complain about there, because any way you look at it, sound principles and a good sense of morals are crucial! and theres the fact that he doesn't accept dulling, so you can't be foolish growing up with him around :P

I am thankful for BigBro and his sister and...lol all of them jor! they raised me! There is nothing like an older sibling to look up to..and i've had the most amazing role models whom i am ultra proud of...again, a blessing!

I am thankful for fairness

I am thankful for long back and forth conversations with lots of laughs and jokes that don't need to be explained.

I am thankful for comparison...same reason why i ain't even mad at all the people who did me wrong...it only makes me appreciate the good ones that much more

I am thankful for meeting up with one of those aforementioned accidental friends today. She's got two kids, a husband of 13 years...and she rocks! I am thankful for her. I really am

I am thankful for Bonjour..lol, nope, not good mornings o...even if i'm thankful for those too. See, Bonjour are these little confections, see, that i stumbled on after years of just walking by without a backward glance. Soft soft biscuit thing, yummy gooey sticky feeling (baileys! cappuccino! coconut! vanilla! creme brulee!) enhen, where was i? yes, marshmallow with just enough tang and all gloriously covered in chocolate... make that double thankful! :P

I am thankful for my sisters again...the most loving and supportive and coooool people i know! teehee...i raised them!..but they have their own uniqueness, vibrant, curious minds...i learn so much from them :)

I am thankful for my faculty! cuz we rock like that! this is good, ba? feeling a sense of solidarity and everything!

I am thankful for realizing simple things that i was blind to before...too embarrassing to even share..but it involves transport and alternative routes...

Thankful that i am able to help some people some times. I know i'll never be able to help all the people all the time, but i do pray that i get to help as much people as i can..can't think of a better way to share the love...not to mention that you get to feel good too! :D

I am thankful for that adorable couple i saw the other day. Both of them were well past 70..first, oga Chivalry held the door open for me, and then i spied him brushing snow off his wifes coat...it was the most moving thing i've seen in a while. Care is one of the best expressions of love :)

I am thankful!!!!!!

P.S...live by the rules..they are not there to constrain you, but to set you free. Not to keep you from things, but to make sure you get only the best and never settle for substandard...try.. :D

stay blessed!

No comments: