Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thankful Thursday : second time around

It's Thursday again...week went by so fast!!

Long story Short, i am really thankful that:

I am still on this path. It's the longest i've stayed on without scoin scoin or giving in to my major weaknesses. I am so thankful, because i know enough to know that it is not my doing. I've been praying like!..oh which reminds me..

Once again i am thankful for prayer! I don't know any other thing that would have kept me sane this past week. I've been praying over everything and anything..and i haven't been let down...which moves us to the next point..

I am thankful for His comfort, reassurance and guidance..i had moments when i was in despair, i felt like all i was doing was a waste of time and God wasn't even bothering, or noticing the effort i was making...i dunno sha, but i really prayed bout it, and He kept me from doing something foolish like giving up and returning to the nonchalant way i lapsed into for some time...

I am thankful for answered prayers! I had a hell of a temper, used to get irritated real quick..prayed over that and i noticed that i just chant some gospel song, or analyze the situation and see the sillyness in getting angry over it, as opposed to just reacting negetively..cuz Lord knows my tongue is quick!.Anger and irritation are just bad mehn...bad for you most of all. all that negetive energy kills you!

I am thankful for positive emotions in place of negetive ones...i used to get soooo mad at my classmates for a host of (valid! :P) reasons..but i also see that i can choose what i concentrate on, and concentrating on the negetive isn't to anyones benefit, being irritated at them wasn't helping me at all...but then i gave them a chance..prayed everytime something they did annoyed me instead of cussin them out...and it led to...

I am thankful for bonding with my classmates...(i take style wan vex for them today o..cuz what they did is NOT cool...)..on Sunday, which was Orthodox easter here, i woke up to a text wishing me happy easter..From my Muslim classmate who i never really talked to much..but we gisted the day before though, because i chose to give him a chance and not be thinkin about all the millions of ways in which he rubs me the wrong way(he's the one i wanted to decapitate at some point, if you read my other blog)...The text message really touched me shaa

I am thankful for my family again...i am truly blessed to have them...

I am thankful for my littlest sister...her nickname of "Angel" is not a coincidence.

I am thanful for Forgiveness again..it makes the world go round!

I am thankful for the Praise and Worship station on Yahoo launchcast radio..

I am thankful for being Nigerian!!!!! :P

I am thankful for inspiration all around me..

I am thankful for life...

I am thankful for prayers unanswered...and this is not in any sort of cynical or patronizing way...those prayers being answered would have been punishment, and i am thankful to God for deciding to ignore my foolishness, instead of allowing me learn my lesson the hard way by making me go through the aftermath of the answer to the prayer...

I am thankful again, that i am still with this!

I am thankful for the time i told someone i have "history" with that i am born again...see, even now it's hard to type out..i don't know why i still find it hard to say it...it's like...i fear the expectation that comes with it, i'm scared that i may not live up to it...but then again i know that the biggest responsibility on my part is to make a choice, a decision, a step in the right direction, and God will show me through...i know this because...

I am thankful for all the things i've gone through in the past month that two months ago i was convinced i would never be able to do, and then God led me through, and now i look back and realize i was scared of harmless illusions...i broke up with someone who i thought i could never bring myself to end things with, i apologised to my friend whom i thought i would never speak to again...but the fact is..i did these things, and they are no longer issues..and i am thankful for that!!

Whats amazing at this point is that when i started typing, i didn't have anything planned out; i thought i'd come in and type out standard things people are thankful for..and then comes this...it's things like this that make me realize that the most important thing is starting something, and not sitting on your behind and thinking of all the things that stand in the way of success...just start, and God will see you through, but by all means commit yourself to the task!

Take care now!!! hugs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ice Queen, thanks for 'following' my blog! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Great post here, by the way. It's great to revel in all of God's blessings. Keeps everything in perspective.

I'm curious. You say you're Nigerian, but you're living in Ukraine right now? That's pretty cool.

I'll see you around. God bless and happy blogging!

theicequeen said...

hey! thanks for the comment. NP about the following thing, you have a really nice blog.

and Thanks. I'm trying. Taking the time out to be thankful really does make you realize just how much you're being blessed. It makes you not take things for granted.

And yep, well..my Dad is Nigerian, my Mom is Ukrainian, grew up in Nigeria, and for the past six months, i'm officially a resident of Ukraine...for the next 5, 6 years :P

God bless!