Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday: He can ride a bicycle! and do tricks!

Dilemma! In the last two days i've gone from having absolutely NO clue as to what to write..to having so many, i don't know which to go with..I was pretty sure i was going to write about the illusionist...but then last night, stepping out of the shower, this sliver of an idea crossed my mind.

This topic is really personal to me, and it in no way means i look down on people that are in this state of mind...but boy oh boy do they frustrate the heck out of me. Like, make me kinda overheat inside frustrate. More than frustration though, is hurt. It hurts me so much to hear people deny God. It pains me to hear people talk about "proof" the He doesn't exist, and all the "Proof" that proves a world without a creator. Back to the cake analogy..just imagine your cake gisting its peers that it just came to be. That somehow somehow, flour and eggs and sugar just came from nowhere and randomly, coincidentally found themselves in an oven at ideal conditions and voila!..sounds silly, huh?

Lemme do a little story. Imagine there's little Johnnie. Max and Julia are his friends. They hang out with him when he rides his bicycle and they are impressed out of their minds with the skillz that boy has with his bmx. He flips, he twirls, he stands on the thing..look ma, no hands!

Max and Julia rant and rave about this, totally impressed. Kyle doesn't believe them. He looks at them deadpan and says they are obviously hallucinating. Kyle says he's never seen it happen so it's a lie. Max and Julia invite Kyle to the skate park. He declines..what's the use? it's a lie!

Back to people. They claim God doesn't give them enough proof (we'll just pretend that the fact of their own existence and the world around them isn't proof enough), so they cannot believe in Him. The road to God is wide open. The map and directions are available to whoever wants them..like a phonebook that no-one opens and then bashes their head against the wall wondering how to call the drycleaners..but i digress.

The road is there, He is there...but they won't listen to Him. How can He tell you anything when you won't speak to Him? People will rant and rail like all those people that like to cuss but can never fight. They will talk beside Him, they will talk behind and all around Him..but they will not talk TO Him. Ask Him to explain, ask Him to show them, ask Him to prove...God will actually do that...Maybe they want Him to appear before them in disco lights before they agree..and even then, you'll hear that it's magneticism...random, coincidental occourence.

What i'm saying is this...He is there. He is God. He is who He is, yesterday, today and forever..and we are raving about how awesome He is...if just for the sake of being a busybody, talk to Him, go down to the skate park and see that He can ride! Call it an experiment if you will...but just talk to Him and ask Him to give you understanding...

Job 32:8 says that it's the breath of God that gives men understanding...Talk to Him, He will show Himself to you.

I am thankful for Life.

I am thankful for MY life, and everything it has been, is, and is meant to be.

I am thankful for who i am

I am thankful for God

I am thankful for inspiration

I am thankful for the Holy Spirit

I am thankful for His teaching

I am thankful for understanding

I am thankful for patience

I am thankful for forgiveness

I am thankful for His perfect plan

I am thankful for revelation

I am thankful for His word

I am thankful that He is so much more than we can ever imagine

I am thankful for growth, and the wonderful work He's been doing in my life..the last 10 months have been intense! i'm soo under construction :P

I am thankful for His faithfulness

I am thankful for His grace

I am thankful for Quackington! with each day the magnitude of how significant it is, how blessed that i am to have her in my life grows...God has some mega plans mahn!

I am thankful for my family

I am thankful for uni...see as God is just protecting and guiding me through ehn!

I am thankful for His promptings...sooo rewarding when you obey!

I am thankful for prayer

I am thankful for food

I am thankful for friends

I am thankful for love

I am thankful that i am loved, and am not alone

I am thankful for Church

I am thankful!!!


No comments: