Friday, June 12, 2009

Oh dear...

I missed a Thankful Thursady post...and i did not notice until just now. Does this mean something? In my defence though, i was busy all day. I trekked like i have never trekked before, and it's a wonder i didn't drop dead on the street. Okay, so maybe i exaggerate a little. I did have a VERY tiring day, and the fact that it was Thursday did not cross my mind. Once.

And i was a bundle of nerves...yesterday AND today. Perhaps it's PMS? i want to cry and scream and punch people.

I guess i'm thankful that i'm alive, and that i have family, and that i have a roof over my head and can afford school and food and fun and going home when i need it. Some people don't have that.

I am also incredibly thankful for the weather this night/morning...yay rain!

and i'm reading SCL, and it's kinda cheering me up and making me feel "in the spirit" which is a way i haven't felt in a while...and then i click this link and end up at this other site and then there's the evolution/creation-in-a-heartbeat arguement, and then it reminds me of all the issues i have :(..one really good argument i saw was this (i never actually considered it!) the guy was like, how come "christians" will go on arguing about if the earth is millions of years old, or 6000 years old, and yet nobody seems to question how light was created before the sun.

My stance on creation/evolution? They are both correct. People should learn to stop this either/or nonsense. God created the earth and all that is in it, yes. Is God a God of no logic and order? NO. Patterns, processes...this is the evolution that science describes. Even if there wa big bang, God caused it so there. psh....i do not mean to infringe on anyones beliefs. If the version where God claps and it appears appeals to you, by all means, stick to that belief; i am not seeking to convert anyone.

People need to come to the conclusion of what they believe by themselves, only then will it be genuine and real to them. Being force fed is a placebo. You think you're doing all right..but you really are not, just getting by on an illusion. I should know, been there, done that.

Anyways, thats that. I am thankful that i am breathing and blinking.

be good.

1 comment:

Enkay said...

Thanking God for your life dear!

As for that evolution thing, I'm yet to wrap my mind around it so mum's the word for now.

You be good!