Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thankful Thursday: I have homework!

I had to work in the letter "I" somehow...Aunty Aloted gave me homework!

So i spent today trying to come up with I-words that i am thankful for..i even opened my dictionary...I came up with some stuff..some "serious" and some silly...but who says silliness is a thing that we shouldn't be thankful for? I personally believe it's the spice in life :P!

I am thankful for

Intuition...you know...that gut feeling that gets you out of a BAD situation, something that would just be WRONG if you went ahead with it...Intuition damn near burned a hole in my stomach when i was writing the entrance exam to this ultrapretentious don't-need-to-go-there-at-all secondary school....Thank God for delivering me from that nightmare!

Intellect....Intelligence...i am so thankful that it exists in this world...it reduces the probability of being forced into having a *headdesk* moment somewhat. There is something beautiful about talking with an intelligent person, reading something brimming with intelligence...i am thankful that we are able to have and develop that intellect...yay for intelligence!

Individuality...i would not be a happy person if everyone was just like me...eeeew no! people are so beautiful! and this is so because they are individuals, they are their own person with their quirks and ups and downs and that makes them special, and they all add so much to each persons life..so yay for individuality!

Intervention....i am thankful for all the times God has clearly intervened in my life. You know, like when He sees that you're too stupid/naive/blockheaded to see all the signs He has sent your way, so He just fishes you out of the dilema directly...like when you're teaching a child to walk...sure, the kid falls and wobbles a bit, but that's okay...you just watch him from a distance, arms folded, a word of encouragement here and there....but then you see the child heading towards the road and all your yelling isn't working....then you just run like your derriere is on fire and scoop that child up...lol..i know...a bit stretched and dramatic, but you get my point...so i am thankful for all the times God has intervened and prevented my own stupidity from taking me away from Him...

Okay, so this is kinda difficult....maybe it's the fact that i have to come up with these words thats making my mind jam....I...think I....think!!!

Indomie...lol, you can count this or not, but i seriously am thankful for it...indomie has provided a standard of noodles no noodle can match...bliss...God must really love us to have inspired someone to make them...yummm!

Speaking of which..

Inspiration...i am thankful for inspiration...(and who was tryna mock the indomie bit ehn? see how it inspired me?)...Inspiration is a beautiful thing, when you get it, you are floating on cloud nine..and the fact of inspiration, is that it is God given. It is not something you study how to get, it is not something you earn or learn or will yourself into having. It's a gift from God meyn..Like, when you're up against a brick wall , and then all of a sudden, it's all clear, it all makes sense..i am thanful for those moments....and then....

Insight....i am thankful for all those "OH!!! I GET IT!!!!!" moments i've had, and will keep on having...I am thankful for all those times when something that you've come across everyday suddenly makes a whole lot of sense in a whole new way..it's a beautiful thing, and it brings us closer to Him...you just have to seek it.....

Thats it for the I's...i think i even mentioned more than the minimum 5 :P ^_^..yes, i am actually too layzee to go up and count...not my fault!!! hehe..i had a long day and i'm tired out of my mind and it's past my bedtime :(....

and some on the side info...

First of all..God has a sense of humour, and He keeps amazing me with the way He cares...So i was stuck in a rut yesterday right, kinda depressed, because of some kinds of silly ish...

And then today turns out to be the complete opposite of whatever i could have imagined it to be...It was beautiful, it managed to have all those things that i always wanted, and even better...it drizzled, the sun came out, we walked in the park, there was ahmahzing greenery all around, he was funny, he was smart, and it was very pleasant....

Just when you think it's all over and give up hope...God starts with the jokes....because He is WONDERFUL like that....and then there is that sen of humour...can't beat it!

Feel free to add any words beginning in I that i missed out...especially the glaringly obvious that i just cannot seem to see!

Thanks for the Homework, Aloted!

6 comments:

aloted said...

wow totally loving this! and i so love the indomie part cuz i am thankfully for indomie as well...when there is nothing to cook..indomie is my last resort..and thankfully Baale loves it as well :)

thanks for taking part

Can u believe I haven't done my own A post...lol...i should chop koboko

theicequeen said...

hehe...glad you liked o! sebi it means i didn't fail? :P

and no be small thing..Indomie...i mean...INDOMIE!! shun, that thing is God's blessing in food form...chop it dry, cook it, soak it in hot water, soak it in cold water, "form" and add vegetables and feel chinese, eat it with dodo and stew ( i have a friend...) LOL...

and you need very serious koboko!!! i will report you!..i don't know to whom...but when i find out!! i will report you ooooo!

Lolia said...

First time here!
Awwwww your post is, as Aloted said, very refreshing :)
I'm thankful for individuality too, sometimes nothing makes me happier than the fact that I'm me...
Have a wonderful week dear x

Enkay said...

Now I've seen the 'I' Edition!
This is getting Increasingly Interesting!

Thank God for Intuition and Intelligence!

Your post was really nice.

First time here!

Anonymous said...

lol i like ur I's
especially the indomie part
nice blog :)

histreasure said...

just found your blog and other superb Nigerian blogs too..
and love your posts..
I'm thankful for individuality too..i shudder to think of the boredom that would've engulfed the world were we all the same