Thursday, May 30, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Potter's wheel

I do sincerely hope that's what they are called. Today, i'm sadder than i thought i was and i care to be. But this is what dawned on me today, and it won't leave. There are days like this too. It's funny also, how the analogy with the wheel is relevant to this feeling.

On Sunday the sweetest girl you ever did meet, D, called me after church and told me about a sermon she watched online, and about one thing in particular she felt related to me, based on the conversation we had has earlier...She said when the potters wheel is spinning, it feels like nothing is happenning and it's just spinning faster and faster..it's only later on that we see how, unseen to us, the vessel has taken shape..

So despite this sadness and whatever i'm going through and no matter how much it feels like a standstill and emotions insist on their own picture in spite of common sense...this too, will pass, and i'll be better for it. I believe this so...i'll just keep taking it one day at a time..lol..as if we have a say in it.

I am thankful for life

I am thankful for God

I am thankful for my family

I am thankful for my job

I am thankful for love

I am thankful for lessons learned

I am thankful for a whole bunch of things...i really am..but right now, i'm off to sleep.


No comments: