Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thankful Thursday: It's not your decision.

I think this is one mistake that we keep making, and are blissfully unaware of. It's deciding what God can, and cannot handle. We limit Him based on the tiny tiny visions that our little minds can grasp. We limit Him based on our faulty and blind "logic". We say..naahh, that's not possible, so i won't bother God with it...

Lies! ANYTHING, ANYTHING that crosses your mind, take it to Him in prayer. Do not censor it, do not filter it, do not try to work out the ways in which it may happen, and then turn to God to make that plan you've seen in your head come to pass.

That is not how it works. You tell Him, and allow Him do it His way. No matter how improbable or impossible it seems, He will do it, because His word is Law, and His word is Life, and He is faithful, and He is GOD.

I know i'm capitalizing and stating the obvious over and over...but i need to get this through. I asked God to send me inspiration for this post today..and that, as it turns out, is a bold thing to do, because when God delivers, He rocks your entire world. He doesn't do "just enough" to satisfy your needs, He gives you, pressed down and running over..He goes ALL OUT!

When i do tell this story, it will sound too good to be true, it will sound like pure fantasy. But it's true, all of it..and that's my testimony, that's truth, that's proof...things like this make me wonder at those moments of pure stupidity where i forget how awesome He is, where i close my eyes to Him and do some foolish thing that i know is not pleasing in His sight...how can i trade this, this magnificent, very much involved God, for some foolishery that serves no purpose..like, what good does venting anger bring? what good does gossip bring? I am in awe right now. there is no other word to describe it..Awe. Sitting here, brain too stunned to process...awe.

So this is what today's post is about..it's ridunkulous how the idea of it came to me a while ago, popped up again earlier today..and then THIS happens, like actually this happens, and is basically the principle brought to life...and somebody wants to talk about God being a myth? something we work ourselves up into believing? our own might? plix plix plix!

Don't decide what God can and cannot handle. Don't choose the tasks He is fit to undertake, Don't limit Him in your own little mind. He created the universe and all that's in it..believe me, He sees wider and farther than you can ever imagine, and He will make a way where you think it's a solid wall you've come up against. He will cause things to HAPPEN in ways that stun your entire being. And then you're sitting there with this huge grin and tears in your eyes, unable to do anything but thank Him and acknowledge that HE is God, and HE is capable of anything. He is there for you, He is your comfort, He is your strength, and He listens...Trust Him and live the way He says you should...it is not punishment, but the key to true joy.

Faith.

I am thankful for God.

I am thankful for prayer.

I am thankful for His presence in my life.

I am thankful that He keeps saving me.

I am thankful that He listens.

I am thankful for my family.

I am thankful that He answers my prayers in the most optimal ways.

I am thankful for THIS FEELING.

I am thankful for Life.

I am thankful that He is just so awesome.

I am thankful that He has set me on this great adventure.

I am thankful for the lessons He teaches me.

I am thankful for His patience.

I am thankful for my mother.

I am thankful for repaired relationships.

I am thankful for clarity of vision.

I am thankful, that He is teaching me to love me, for He loves me and finds me worthy, and i do not need anyone's approval because this is enough.

I am thankful for inspiration.

I am thankful for Love.

I am thankful for my Big bro's and his angel of a wife's wedding yesterday. Every time i think of them i end up with rivers of tears of joy. Their love is inspiring, their story is inspiring, them together is inspiring, and God completes the sense of rightness.

I am thankful that i have such wonderful role models.

I am thankful for my sisters. Their wonderfulness is something!

I am thankful that God dries my tears, comforts me, takes away my sorrow and pain and repaces them with causes to rejoice.

I am thankful for God.

I am thankful for all the miracles that are in my life each and every moment of each and every day. God looks out for me.

I am thankful...

No comments: