Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Joy.

I am Thankful for His mercy, forgiveness, and faithfulness. I have come full circle...and here i am again..grateful, thankful and bursting with Joy. That joy that depends on nothing, that Joy that He fills you with that fills every cell to bursting..and you're just there, positively vibrating with joy. He never gives up, and is always there, with open arms, ready to continue the lesson...

This is going to be a short one..on Prayer. Apart from being megasuper thankful for Prayer, for what it IS.. Prayer has this other amazing quality to it. It is not about petitioning God and telling Him about things, because let's face it..He knows..His question is, Do YOU know? do you know what you want? what you need?

See prayer is the avenue through which we sit down and more or less do our homework with God. He listens, and even more than that, He helps you listen, to yourself, and to Him. It is in prayer that realizations hit me, it is in prayer that things that had me confused get untangled...

What i'm saying is...i believe i speak for a lot of people when i say the predominant assumption is that prayer is an avenue through which we speak and God listens. This is not entirely so. It is a conversation, not just you reading out a list to Him and moving on, to wait for your requests to be carried out or otherwise attended to...so next time you pray, be ready to listen as well..have a conversation...talk, joke, ask...God is cool like that :D

I am thankful for life

I am thankful for family

I am thankful for love

I am thankful for wisdom

I am thankful for understanding

I am thankful for Faith

I am thankful for His plans. For they are PERFECT, Without flaw.

I am thankful for His mercy

I am thankful for how He rolls up His sleeves and goes "that's it! playtime is over" and yanks me out of whatever abyss i've found to fall into..

I am thankful that my God is an Awesome God!!!!!

No comments: