Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday: Playing by the rules...

You know how it is when you play a video game- Football in my case, and you know nothing, but tap those buttons randomly but with a lot of determination, and hope for the best? Hits are bound to come your way once in a while and you feel pretty smug.

Now think about the people that know exactly what they are doing, and make use of every skill, know where and when to do what, know what resources are available to them and how they ought to be used? yea. Now imagine who's game is going to work...

Sometimes, like right now, i feel this way about the Idea of God. Religions and whatnot are furiously tapping random buttons, occasionally stumbling upon combinations that seem to work and crediting their..dogma? determination? Whereas (i cringe at this word) this combination of actoins would work outside the frame of the given dogma....make sense?

There are rules to the...Universe, if you will. They are beyond any individual religion. They are what they are, and like God, they transcend individual narrowmindedness..This, this higher wisdom then, is what i feel we should be in the pursuit of. Understand that, and play by those rules, knowing what we are doing, instead of taking blind stabs in the dark, hoping to make that killer combo which makes your player do some fantastic finishing move...Mortal Kombat and Tekken memories...:P

I am thankful for life

I am thankful for the simplicity of it

I am thankful for letting go of illusions that hold us down

I am thankful for wisdom

I am thanful for His patience

I am thankful for my boyfriend... i cannot explain with words how wonderful he is

I am thankful for family

I am thankful for the little things

I am thankful that everything is exactly the way it should be...Read: stress over nothing..don't throw tantrums...everything is precisely according to plan

I am thankful for food

I am thankful for eye candy :P

I am thankful that He never leaves me

I am thankful for discipline

I am thankful for my mother

I am thankful for today!!! aii lovely classes ey?

I am thankful for hot water bottles

I am thankful for me

I am thankful for BBM...oh how thankful i am...

I am thankful for sleep

I am thankful for friends

I am thankful for each new day

I am thankful for this glorious weather!!!!!

I am thankful for olive oil :P

I am thankful for good lecturers...which ultimately means good people, right?

I am thankful for diversity

I am thankful for happiness

I am thankful for lotions and potions...the joy showergel can bring!

I am thankful every moment of every day, no matter what i am going through...because nothing can trump the fact that i'm alive, that everything passes, and that i will be happy again. The knowledge of this is more than enough to make you shrug off any unhappiness...

I am thankful for inspiration

I am thankful for everyone that reads this..Tricia...BIG LOVE!

I am thankful for Love...wish it upon everyone...

I am thankful for being in love

I am thankful for Us...some days i still pinch myself...

I am thankful for humour...

I am thankful!

No comments: