Monday, May 17, 2010

Thankful...Day :P..My life be like oh aahhh!



Grits + TOBYMAC!!!...i don't know how it rates on the coolness scale to think TobyMac is rather boss, but if it's nerdy, then so be it...i dig him majortime!

Now...i have skipped two TT's...not because i forgot, because i totally, wholeheartedly went over them in my head...but...you know, it was suddenly 2am and i didn't have the energy...Not, good, i know, but hey...

This post was supposed to be titled "it's all in your head"...but maybe i'll leave that until next time? I'm just in a really good mood, and i'm all thankful about my life at this moment in time...so it's like..my life is all gravy :D

Which brings me to the point i'm going to attempt to make. My life is not perfect, it may not be the way i want and wish it to be..but i think i had a mini epiphany and realized that what i need to do is be embracing where i'm at, and not fighting it. Afterall, everything, every phase is there to teach a lesson, and fulfill its own purpose...Yes, i know that saying the purpose of this is to realize that this may not be the best thing is a valid argument...but i'm tired of feeling guilty, i'm tired of feeling like i'm failing, i'm tired of being disappointed in me. IT'S ENOUGH! it's earning me no points and bringing no happiness...So i'm going to do me. In the end, i firmly believe that all there are in the world are individuals, and right and wrong are subjective. What is right for one person isn't for the next. We all have different stories to write, so i think it's about time i just wrote my own for what it is, and stop reading other stories to see how it should be written..make sense? It doesn't matter if it's prose or poetry, a song or a series of quotes, it doesn't matter if it rhymes or not, if it's comedy or it's drama..It's your own story, and it will be what it will be...

Yes, i do see how this sounds like me trying to justify a situation...but really, embrace You!

I've had a good day, i have good people in my life, i have people who love me, and i've spoken to only pleasant people all day..i've laughed and walked under the rain, frozen my po' ass off and then been delighted at sunshine. Was a bit of a nervous wreck because of two tests i was supposed to have today...Lecturer left=no tests. I got my booking, quick in, quick out, and the lady was a doll...came home and chilled with the grandparents, joked with gramps and yanned with grams, and got FED proper!..Spoke to my mom today...then my friend decided to "do me christmas" :P...ooh and i'm still Nigerian!

You see? I have more than enough to be thankful for. Each day is a blessing, and i am truly thankful for every moment..the real sin, then, would be sulking and obsessing over things i think i'm doing wrong..when really, who knows what is wrong? We spend lifetimes, (thanks to religion!) punishing ourselves over every little thing, instead of just living and embracing everything life has to offer...That's the whole point of it...to experience..how are you supposed to experience when you work yourself into a state of believing than that everything is wrong? I refuse! lol i might just go all out Hedonistic! no apologies or nothing...main rule, don't hurt anybody...

So i am thankful for today, and i am thankful for life, i am thankful for love, i am thankful for thought, i am thankful for my senses, i am thankful for people, i am thankful for family, i am thankful for food, i am thankful for shelter, i am thankful for communication, i am thankful for laughter, i am thankful that there is tomorrow, i am thankful that there is so much to be experienced...

Bearhugs all around!

No comments: